Cold Air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone put one on their PPV? Does it help? any check engine lights or other issues come up?

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't install a cold air intake, per se, but an AirRaid Modular Intake Tube and a K&N filter. The MIT swaps out the factory intake maze with a straight pipe in. I haven't had any issues with it. My mileage probably increased by 1/2-1 MPG and I like the sound of it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't install a cold air intake, per se, but an AirRaid Modular Intake Tube and a K&N filter. The MIT swaps out the factory intake maze with a straight pipe in. I haven't had any issues with it. My mileage probably increased by 1/2-1 MPG and I like the sound of it.
I did the same, at the suggestion of Black Bear Performance, prior to my tune, and I've had no issues, since installing the MIT.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I saw that, but went for the K&N black edition (Dry, Black Filter/Black Metal Tube). I like the all black look. The red filter sticks out too much and the chrome tube....forgetaboutit. Everything was out in order to put in some LED headlights, so I figured, eh, why not pull the trigger, most of the work is already done.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed with minimal issues. I bought the open box K&N Blackhawk edition. Looks great! After applying for the Amazon card and finding that it was missing one coupler, I got the whole package for about $140. No complaints!

Im in the process of adding the 8" screen and apple Car Play, so I cant take it out and try it yet, but im looking forward to finishing everything up. Ive got a Thermal camera that im installing, LED headlights, CAI, center console, sidestep bars. I love working on it, but I cant wait until its done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne