Cold Air Intake on 09+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody done a cold air intake on the 2009+ 6.2L motor (the 5.3 and 6.0 might be the same way)? It looks like the MAF sensor is integrated into the stock airbox.
Do you need to cut that section out and splice it into the new intake? A friend just picked up his 2011 Denali and wants to do an intake and BB tune. I used a VaraRam TriPower on my 07 but it has a separate removable MAF and I remember something in the directions about the 09+ MAF.
The parts dept. has a GM Perf. Parts cold air intake (17800809 ) on sale for about $30 below cost so if that would work it would be cheaper than the K&N I was looking at.
If it's a big hassle or doesn't provide reasonable gains we could probably just go with a drop in filter in the stock airbox.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MAF sensor is removed by removing the two screws on the outer edge of the sensor. 07/08 MAF use a seperate housing I took a look at there install instructions there was no mention 09+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy