Coilover replacements which level for 2017 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ranger Medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that either the Bilsteins 5100s, Fox or King OEM coilover replacements will fit on the 2017 Tahoe Z71? I have contacted all 3 manufacturers and they say they "should" but they cannot confirm due to them not having done fit tests yet for the 2017.

If none of the above, any other coilover replacements, which level?

My goal is to level a 2017 Tahoe, LT Z71 by replacing the coilovers.

Thank you

jake calvin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 lt z71 here with 5100 Bilstein up front and rear with no issues. Don't know why '17 would be any different...

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

OP
OP
R

Ranger Medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is the same but not certain, hence my dilemma. Your truck looks sick BTW! Was the chrome window accent a pain to paint black?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's been no published changes between the model years that would effect shock fit. Some people have suggested the '17s have different body mounts, but ive seen no confirmation of that. And even if so, shocks should be the same.

jake calvin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is the same but not certain, hence my dilemma. Your truck looks sick BTW! Was the chrome window accent a pain to paint black?
My chrome window surround I blacked out using gloss black vinyl wrap. I did it myself one weekend. First time I've ever used wrap and it came out really nice. Would recommend you try it. I bought my black vinyl wrap from www.metrorestyling.com. I also bought gloss white to do the chrome around my headlights/front bumper...

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it ride compared to stock?

I also have installed Bil 5100 front and rear , I do not have max tow.
I actually saw an improvement on the dampening, and ride quality. But my truck was also 55k miles at time of install, so the stock shocks were not new.
yep mine were set at 1.7 max in the front resulting in a perfect level, actually rear might be slightly higher but undetectable to the eye, especially with the hanging rear of the suburban
Equally or more impacting the ride quality is going to be the wheels and tire combo.
I have 22" on Dualer A/T in OEM sizing. so the ride would be different on someone with 18 or 18/20 with oversized tires/sidewall stiffness, etc...

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have installed Bil 5100 front and rear , I do not have max tow.
I actually saw an improvement on the dampening, and ride quality. But my truck was also 55k miles at time of install, so the stock shocks were not new.
yep mine were set at 1.7 max in the front resulting in a perfect level, actually rear might be slightly higher but undetectable to the eye, especially with the hanging rear of the suburban
Equally or more impacting the ride quality is going to be the wheels and tire combo.
I have 22" on Dualer A/T in OEM sizing. so the ride would be different on someone with 18 or 18/20 with oversized tires/sidewall stiffness, etc...
Got it thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep