Coil Over Conversion Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Mike, my man, AWESOME JOB BRO!! Glad ur liking your ride again. Wanted to do this, but never heard back. All goods. Glad it's all coming together homie. Keep it classy! :mwah1::Big Laugh:

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never abandoned your thread man still watching it like a hawk waiting for more info!!! Lol. I like all the positive feed back your giving!! Well I got that link for the coil over I found. It's for a c5 vette. I don't remember what the measurement we are looking for but they make them.
Any way do you think that t bar would work instead of stud mount to get the extra 1.5 inches of drop?
Billy

After looking at atomic's thread for these brackets and seeing about those shocks, yeah im not paying $500 a pop for a shock. that's insane for 1" of drop. Nope, I am quite content now. But if someone chooses to, let me know how it works out. ha ha.

For the other question - does that refer to the bottom bracket? If its the top, yes and no, but your wasting money. Just buy the stud type mount for the top and put it in the stock location as 04BLKOUT did. No space wasted. I can not remember exactly what is 1.5", either the top or the bottom, but think its the top, if you use the stud top, then you do not need the pro comp adapter which is 1.5" added. But you also need to use the correct shock then. If your referring to the bottom, then yes that "stock" bottom shock end would be awesome, like atomic said, if you could find one for our application. I would buy that, but dont think that adds 1.5".

Mike, my man, AWESOME JOB BRO!! Glad ur liking your ride again. Wanted to do this, but never heard back. All goods. Glad it's all coming together homie. Keep it classy! :mwah1::Big Laugh:

hey austin. thanks. Yep, as MC donalds says, Im loving it. Did i not respond to you. Sorry, last i remember was about bump stops. Forgive me, it has been very busy for me. Just taking a moment now from school to relax for a sec.

Keeping it classy as much as classy means. ha ha..

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
No, not you homie, in regards to trying this set-up. All goods tho. Probably gonna be selling off my DJM arms anyways now. Just no need i guess. Pretty happy with my ride. Or maybe, I just don't care about doing anymore. Have become bored. 5+ yrs will do that to ya i guess. So sorry if I never replied back with ya. Just on to other hobbies and interests. LOve coming here tho, good peeps, sick rides. CAN'T BEAT THAT! Sweet you got your set-up dialed in. Good job bro!

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not you homie, in regards to trying this set-up. All goods tho. Probably gonna be selling off my DJM arms anyways now. Just no need i guess. Pretty happy with my ride. Or maybe, I just don't care about doing anymore. Have become bored. 5+ yrs will do that to ya i guess. So sorry if I never replied back with ya. Just on to other hobbies and interests. LOve coming here tho, good peeps, sick rides. CAN'T BEAT THAT! Sweet you got your set-up dialed in. Good job bro!

Ah.. gotcha. lol.

Yeah, I have gotten bored w/ mine as well. Going to be switching some stuff up to make me keep it. lol.

If you get too bored you can box up your spikes and ship them my way. lol

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't come across as a dumb question, but I got two Q's for ya:

Did you use one or two spacers on the top and bottom of each shock?

Did the bolt for the bottom shock come with the shocks, or with Atomic's lower brackets?

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A single 1/2" spacer on the top, and a single 3/8" spacer on the bottom.

Lower bolts are included with my brackets.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't come across as a dumb question, but I got two Q's for ya:

Did you use one or two spacers on the top and bottom of each shock?

Did the bolt for the bottom shock come with the shocks, or with Atomic's lower brackets?

A single 1/2" spacer on the top, and a single 3/8" spacer on the bottom.

Lower bolts are included with my brackets.

There ya go. lol

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new born son is keeping me up, so i figured to show some love to the originally coil over installed thread. Ha. Have you got your camber kit installed and if so did you get aligned? How's it riding? Doing any other work to it?
Billy

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new born son is keeping me up, so i figured to show some love to the originally coil over installed thread. Ha. Have you got your camber kit installed and if so did you get aligned? How's it riding? Doing any other work to it?
Billy

Ha ha. thanks man.

No camber kit, not even ordered yet and no alignment. Got to take care of the tie rods first and mechanic had a family member pass, so wont be till some time next week for those.

Other wise, just been very very busy with school and not much time for posting.

But ride is still awesome & have no negatives as of yet. One thing i do like is what 04blackout said, you still are driving a lowered vehicle. I dont want my reviews to make any one think that it magically rides now like stock as that is not true, but 100x better than it was w/ tbars. As well i have the ability to adjust the firmness, so i can make it ride quite soft and cushion, but i drive my tahoe. I.E. i drive it like a sports car and have no problems w/ atomic's setup.

So, in the end, after 100 miles extra a week plus, still drives much nicer and bumps that i normally felt, do not even feel them any more. The only thing i have a negative on is the rear is way too low. lol. Time for a mini tub and 24x15 wheels. lol.

Am i doing anything else to it, Not going to say. ha ha

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Spring Weight (1200-1300)

Hey Tahoewhat,
Somewhere in one of the three threads I'm tracking this swap in I recall you mentioning you were considering going to a heavier spring...something like a 1300 or so. If I'm recalling that correctly can you tell me if you're still considering and what characteristic of the ride makes you consider switching springs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo