Coil Over Conversion Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, do you have any ideas why your truck and Blackout's truck aren't very different in front end height even though you have 2" drop spindles and he doesn't? I know his fender is a little higher than yours, but he has taller tires, I would think the difference would be more than what it is since you have the drop spindles. Especially since he appears to have room to adjust down on the coilovers and you're already on like the last thread. Is this just a case of different trucks being different? Thanks.

My tire comes to 31.22 his comes to 32.40 i think, so not much tire difference. I also have the upper reinforcement bracket that adds rougly .5". Which take the 1" tire taller on his and my .5 bracket, if im thinking right would be .5" difference.

On blackouts in his thread, (i had to go back to it) he is only a tad further up on the threads than i am currently. He appears to have 2 threads showing where right now i have 1 thread showing. (will snap a pic this weekend) and i currently measure 31.5" in front think he is at 32 1/4".

Honestly I do not know why the difference is only marginal w/ me having 2" drop spindles. I am not positive he does not have spindles.

But you have my curiosity going now and will come up with an answer

buddlyduddly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i wonder if this would work with ridetechs air ride kit except for using it on a 4wd..

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Im really getting interested in this if i could make it work with the ride tech kit for the 2wd guys..

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i wonder if this would work with ridetechs air ride kit except for using it on a 4wd..

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Im really getting interested in this if i could make it work with the ride tech kit for the 2wd guys..

Those that have done this mod are 2wd, I am and atomic made the brackets for his own setup and he is 4wd / awd.

I personally do not know what ride tech kit your a speaking about, but i imagine they have their kit that works, but dont know.

buddlyduddly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That top bracket they use is almost exact same thing as the pro comp adapter. I remember seeing it while i was searching around for the pro comp one. So it will work just fine, with atomics upper as well. Just measurements will be off around .5" w/ the upper reinforcement bracket.

Did not get a chance to cut off bumpstop cup & raise it up some, but will in the coming week hopefully.

buddlyduddly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

That top bracket they use is almost exact same thing as the pro comp adapter. I remember seeing it while i was searching around for the pro comp one. So it will work just fine, with atomics upper as well. Just measurements will be off around .5" w/ the upper reinforcement bracket.

Did not get a chance to cut off bumpstop cup & raise it up some, but will in the coming week hopefully.

Sweet then i think ill be trying this out, but using bags instead. Im just wondering how close the bag is going to be to touching the upper a arm. I couldnt find dimensions on any of those bags, so ill have to email them or somthing. Im suprised more people on here havent been interested in using bags in the front for all those guys out there that wanna bag the front and keep the 4x4, especially for the guys that wanna keep the 4x4. Thats the goal im going for.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try a few ideas when I get home this afternoon on the stud top thing...I personally dont think a bushing (and all the problems associated with it) are really needed considering the procomp adapter is a solid mount. So im going to see if I cant find a bearing that will work with it to pivot on.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try a few ideas when I get home this afternoon on the stud top thing...I personally dont think a bushing (and all the problems associated with it) are really needed considering the procomp adapter is a solid mount. So im going to see if I cant find a bearing that will work with it to pivot on.

So how did those ideas work out? Lol

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good and bad. Good is it seems easy to make work just avoiding the bushing all together. Bad the part i need doesnt seem to exist and there is no such pivot bearing. I am having some washers custom made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts