Code p0172 and p0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try swapping them around and see if the misfire follows.
Sorry to bother you but I am lost. Ok I changed the plugs and wires and now I changed all the coils. The p0300 still comes up. The motor idles fine and runs with no hesitation. One thing is now my fuel gauge is not working right. It has gone past full and is down at the bottom. I will be checking the fuel pressure next. I dont know if that is connected. Is there anyway to check the injectors or should I just replace them. Again thanks for the help.

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to bother you but I am lost. Ok I changed the plugs and wires and now I changed all the coils. The p0300 still comes up. The motor idles fine and runs with no hesitation. One thing is now my fuel gauge is not working right. It has gone past full and is down at the bottom. I will be checking the fuel pressure next. I dont know if that is connected. Is there anyway to check the injectors or should I just replace them. Again thanks for the help.
Also made sure all the new wires were on correct.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

I thought you had a specific misfire code, sorry I misread. Like @SnowDrifter asked, Doug you check/gap the plugs at all? You gotta be really careful with the little iridium nodes. You could check the fuel pressure easy enough at the Schrader valve on the rail.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Remember we started this whole thing because of rich codes. I'm still interested in your fuel trim and O2 data. Computer could be pulling enough fuel to set the po300, I think.

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remember we started this whole thing because of rich codes. I'm still interested in your fuel trim and O2 data. Computer could be pulling enough fuel to set the po300, I think.
I will take a pic of the fuel trim data. Yes it started with p172 and p0175 but once I change the plugs and wires those codes went away and I got the p0300 code which is multiple random misfire. I did look at the fuel trim the short fuel trim was hovering around 0 and the long fuel trim was hovering around -10 at idle.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I will take a pic of the fuel trim data. Yes it started with p172 and p0175 but once I change the plugs and wires those codes went away and I got the p0300 code which is multiple random misfire. I did look at the fuel trim the short fuel trim was hovering around 0 and the long fuel trim was hovering around -10 at idle.

Your LTFT being -10 means it's pulling fuel. Not enough to set the same original rich codes, but maybe enough for the misfire. Look at your #1 o2 data and make sure they're cycling correctly.

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your LTFT being -10 means it's pulling fuel. Not enough to set the same original rich codes, but maybe enough for the misfire. Look at your #1 o2 data and make sure they're cycling correctly.

Ok here is the obd data at idle. Also the p0172 and p0175 came back along with p0300. Also if you think it is the fuel injector what make do you think I should put in and since i am replacing stuff should i also replace the fuel regulator. Motor has a 157000 on it. Thanks20190205_052536.jpg 20190205_052513.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Based on seeing the B2S2 o2 in both shots, it looks like it's cycling. Unless you say different, I'll assume B1 is, too. They should be switching from 0.1-0.7 ish every second or so. B1S2 looks like it may be lazy, but I don't think that's related. What are your LTFTs like? I'm betting they're - 25. Do the fuel pressure test. If I was doing injectors, I'd go OEM.

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based on seeing the B2S2 o2 in both shots, it looks like it's cycling. Unless you say different, I'll assume B1 is, too. They should be switching from 0.1-0.7 ish every second or so. B1S2 looks like it may be lazy, but I don't think that's related. What are your LTFTs like? I'm betting they're - 25. Do the fuel pressure test. If I was doing injectors, I'd go OEM.

I am going to do a pressure test this weekend. The guy I bought it from said he changed the fuel pump but that doesnt mean it couldn't go. Also my fuel gauge is messed up. It went way pass full and is at the bottom. Thank you for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne