Cluster compatibility - Tahoe / Silverado 99-02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KiwiClive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
first off I live overseas in New Zealand so I don't have access to the massive amount of parts you do. I am currently importing a 01 Tahoe. It should arrive next week or next one after. I saw in the pics I was sent the fuel guage may be suspect but I would also like a trans temp guage. I have seen a 99-02 Silverado 1500 cluster for sale which has the trans guage but the seller says it is not compatible. I thought as long as the year was right it should be a straight swap after the correct mileage is programmed into it. Can you confirm? Thanks in advance

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here was a thread worth reading. I came across it a few months ago. It might help.

One option was to add a OBDII Scan Gauge to display the transmission temp. readings and other things...
Other parts of the discussion involved changing some programming code in the computer to allow the cluster to display the temp.

OP
OP
K

KiwiClive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here was a thread worth reading. I came across it a few months ago. It might help.

One option was to add a OBDII Scan Gauge to display the transmission temp. readings and other things...
Other parts of the discussion involved changing some programming code in the computer to allow the cluster to display the temp.
Thanks - after reading the threads and thinking about it - ( cost vs reward ) I ordered a Scan Guage 2 and will mount that somewhere. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9