Cloud feeling Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geared702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'08 Yukon SLT
I'm looking for an aftermarket suspension. Need to be able to level and keep it ride height and be able to lower it about 3 inches. I wanna feel like I'm on a cloud. Any suggestions, please.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'08 Yukon SLT
I'm looking for an aftermarket suspension. Need to be able to level and keep it ride height and be able to lower it about 3 inches. I wanna feel like I'm on a cloud. Any suggestions, please.
Make sure your suspension is in good order and drop the air pressure down to 18 psi, then it'll feel like being on a cloud!

Dump the 20 inch wheels for 18 or 17 inch wheels and dump the LT tires for P-Metric Michelin Defenders.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really knowledgeable about dropped suspensions, but intuitively, I don't think that dropping the suspension alone will result in a more 'cloud-like' ride. I believe that you will need to make additional mods like stated by @swathdiver.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If you decide to go ahead with lowering the truck, many knowledgeable folks here in the Forum have done that, and they will be more than happy to work with you to accomplish that objective.

OP
OP
G

Geared702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By the way, welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If you decide to go ahead with lowering the truck, many knowledgeable folks here in the Forum have done that, and they will be more than happy to work with you to accomplish that objective.
I'm just looking for a comfortable ride more than lowering the suv. But I do appreciate everyone's comments and time. Thanks yall

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
King coil overs are about the best of the best and you can lift or lower by adjusting the collar on the coil over
Air ride would be nice also if you want it more stock or lowered it would be easier to adjust and cost about the same for longevity and daily driving I would go the coil over route they can custom build you a set for stock height if that’s what your looking for

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Warning, I am a "smart ass". Been called "dumb ass" too.

I haven't got a clue as to what it feels like the be on a cloud. I think the closest I could come is while I am sitting on my leather seats and my ass cheeks are pinched together from the downward pressure, and then I let a fart that stays trapped between those cheeks and the outward pressure fluffs those cheeks and then......I guess that is as close as I can come. Happy trails!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Warning, I am a "smart ass". Been called "dumb ass" too.

I haven't got a clue as to what it feels like the be on a cloud. I think the closest I could come is while I am sitting on my leather seats and my ass cheeks are pinched together from the downward pressure, and then I let a fart that stays trapped between those cheeks and the outward pressure fluffs those cheeks and then......I guess that is as close as I can come. Happy trails!

At your age, it is a cloud...

of dust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14