Climate Control LED Swap Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonBrosef12

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of a wiring/installation diagram for changing the lights to LED in any of the three Climate Control modules in an 02 Yukon? I can get them in...I just can't seem to find out the pos/neg placement of the resisted LED's! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time! :emotions122:

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm going to be tackling the led switch over in my soon. I'm going off of this thread as a guide. The post right after the the picture of the led with the resistor soldered on tells you how to find positive I believe. Hopefully this will help. Let me know if it does as ill be dealing with it soon
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16839
Billy

djtrixx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disassembled my unit, then took it back to the truck and plugged it in, checked polarity with a voltmeter to find out. Was a peice of cake.

djtrixx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can see where the factory bulbs are with the unit disassembled. I plugged the unit in the truck after taking apart, turned the lights on, and CAREFULLY using the probes on a digital voltmeter touched them to the solder joints on the backside of the board. If the voltage reads 12vdc, take note of which leads you have on the solder joints. I just used a sharpie to put a black dot next to the one that the black lead was on. If the voltage reads -12vdc, switch the leads. If you happen to arc/ short circuit between the two solder joints, you will most likely blow a fuse, hence being careful. Good luck, it was easier than I thought.

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see where the factory bulbs are with the unit disassembled. I plugged the unit in the truck after taking apart, turned the lights on, and CAREFULLY using the probes on a digital voltmeter touched them to the solder joints on the backside of the board. If the voltage reads 12vdc, take note of which leads you have on the solder joints. I just used a sharpie to put a black dot next to the one that the black lead was on. If the voltage reads -12vdc, switch the leads. If you happen to arc/ short circuit between the two solder joints, you will most likely blow a fuse, hence being careful. Good luck, it was easier than I thought.

Good post. Are the stock bulbs located in the unit easily found in the local auto parts store?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Good post. Are the stock bulbs located in the unit easily found in the local auto parts store?
No. You can sometimes find a similar bulb at RadioShack but it won't have the blue plastic cover, and your existing ones are probably melted. LMC truck has the whole kit for like 20 bucks. Th radio shack bulbs are $2.49 each. Thought I only needed a couple, ending up being several and others go out once you start messing with it

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. You can sometimes find a similar bulb at RadioShack but it won't have the blue plastic cover, and your existing ones are probably melted. LMC truck has the whole kit for like 20 bucks. Th radio shack bulbs are $2.49 each. Thought I only needed a couple, ending up being several and others go out once you start messing with it

Thanks for the reply. Found the kit at LMC, I think.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=46

37-1143 TEMP CONTROL BULB KIT $19.95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667