Climate control knobs are messed up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecasa45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, always loved this site finally made a profile.

So I have 2 climate control knobs, both have same issue, when I turn them to raise the temp it might go up or down, never consistent. So if the driver side temp is at 65 and i want to raise temp, I turn know to the right, and it will either go to 64, 63, or start to raise to 66 or 67, it's the same for raising and lowering and for both sides,it's never consistent, so as cold as it is outside I've left them around 70 bc I'm afraid if I try to go higher it will actually lower and I'm not taking a chance. I've tried to go slow and fast, I've tried to push it in and pull as I turned, any help??????

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say you need to replace the unit

OP
OP
Ecasa45

Ecasa45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping there was a way around that....guess that's what I'll do pretty soon

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same, just takes a while to get it right. It annoys my wife though.

Last edited:

subieworx

Reaction score
Mine did that. I replaced it with the Dorman unit. Brand new and only like $85 I think. Works great.

fresh350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing... replaced the unit and it's all good now

Fillerdust

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Last time I adjusted it I almost couldn't get the temp to go back up. I have left mine on 72. I have been planning on getting a new unit after the holidays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700