Cleared the Corners on my Hoe....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HMFDZ28

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoe and Nali lights are completely different. Nali Headlights and Markers have been done. Hoe's do not have amber on the headlights and welp the sidemarkers deff cant be done.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good hmf. Of course im biased.. ha ha... but i like how the front end looks a little different just from them..

OP
OP
HMFDZ28

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro!! I love the way these trucks look, esp the Z71, just hate having my truck look like 20,000 others lol. Now to figure out what I wanna do with the Bowtie and possibly a grill insert.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah get a insert, looks 10x better. Stand out a little more than the rest. I wasnt sure about mine, but once i got it, i love it. And for the bowtie, im still up in the air about that also. I thought gray, or chrome.. but idk..

oh also, did you seal them up yet? around where they plug in.. Just to make sure, b/c after that hurricane and all down here, i have some water in my left one, after 2 weeks of rain. But i havent sealed mine yet either..hence the water in them. ha ha..but it goes away

Last edited:
OP
OP
HMFDZ28

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accually didnt seal them more. One thing I noticed is there are 2 holes in the housing (one with wires and one without) and they have dum dum in them... not silicone. So I was gonna give it bout 2 weeks to see if I end up with an issue. My sockets themselves felt nice and snug but those 2 hole bother me.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I accually didnt seal them more. One thing I noticed is there are 2 holes in the housing (one with wires and one without) and they have dum dum in them... not silicone. So I was gonna give it bout 2 weeks to see if I end up with an issue. My sockets themselves felt nice and snug but those 2 hole bother me.

2 holes... humm... dont remember that. I remember silicone on something, might have to look at mine again, maybe thats where im getting water from. I'll let you know what i find out..

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have any issues with the corner turn signal not working? I bought these, and they work sometimes, just not all the time...its weird. I wired them up black wire to black wire. Also, on one of them the DRL doesn't work, i called and they said they were gonna send a new resistor. Did yours come with something you had to stick to the inside of the bumper?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have any issues with the corner turn signal not working? I bought these, and they work sometimes, just not all the time...its weird. I wired them up black wire to black wire. Also, on one of them the DRL doesn't work, i called and they said they were gonna send a new resistor. Did yours come with something you had to stick to the inside of the bumper?

Pmed, you but found post real quick. ..

No, my lights work just fine. If they dont come on, you need to turn the plug around. Basically take it out and plug in the other way. THe drl not working this is probly why. Just unplug and flip it and plug back in. (does that make sense) Im not sure what your talking about being wired, i didnt wire anything, just plug and play..

Something to stick inside the bumper, if your talking about a little black box yes, thats the resistor.

anything else feel free to pm me. (answered kinda quick, pm will tell you why)

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my led bumper lights. They make the front look alot better. And on the plus side you wont be changing drl bulbs or turn bulbs all the time.... (one note, make sure you put plugs in the holes, like you would if you put a bulb in it. also, i had to put some clear silicont around the holes to make sure it was weather proof, had some condensation get in..

Quick pic of mine, close and then front shot, w/ parklights on

2010-04-09145109.gif
DSCF0781.gif

Tahoewhat, did i hear you say in a previous thread that you didnt like your projectors and switched back to stock? what was wrong with them. I was thinking of getting this halo projector + LED bumper light combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

should I hold off on the halos and stick with stock + LED bumpers?

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I think vobarex is talking about the plug and play. I was thinking of getting LEDs too. If it's anything like LED tails, they say you need to make sure the black wire from the car matches up with the black wire in the LED plug, otherwise it wont work. It's still a plug n play. Not sure why it wouldnt work. Might be the resistor you were talking about. This was already attached to the LED tails so maybe you have to stick it to something for the bumper lights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Yank