Civilianizing the '15 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Love your Tahoe. I have a 2015 PPV Tahoe that is a ex Oklahoma State Bureau Of Investigation Vehicle. I purchased it with 130K miles. My question is how did you wire the LTZ seats & console into the PPV unit?
Unfortunately RC45 has not been on here since January 2023.

kenmarien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, we have made great progress with the truck.

Almost all the exterior mods are done now, save for the LTZ chrome trimmed rear bumper cover (FedEx broke the last one delivered and I am waiting on a replacement), extended front lower valance trim and the front fog light chrome eyebrows.

Exterior mods have been limited to chrome trim LTZ running boards, alloy 17" wheels and SS grill badge - a little hint at the coming power upgrade - either supercharger or 6.2 transplant. The rear total blacked out debadged look will stay.

View attachment 311646

View attachment 311647

View attachment 311648

View attachment 311649

Interior mods are also well on their way - the remaining major hurdles are the correct component choices for managing the upgrade to IO6 popup nav & integrating the center consol controls and accessories that as yet are not wire up.

Leather wheel upgrade with radio/phone controls removed.

View attachment 311650

Katskins front and rear seat leather treatment, retail LTZ center console with transplanted matching wood trim.

View attachment 311651

View attachment 311652

View attachment 311653

Max towing package trailer brake controls with appropriate trim panel - just need to get the option activated now. The plug is present and appears to be fully wired up.

View attachment 311654

Prep for power folding mirrors with turn signal integration - the power fold works but the signals do not, so until I get that detail sorted I still have the base mirrors installed.

View attachment 311655

Rear cargo cover and rear cargo net.

View attachment 311656

View attachment 311657

View attachment 311658

As for the SS badge, the PPV already provides SS badge worthy handling, the idea is to back the handling up with either a supercharger on the 5.3 or a 6.2 transplant taken care of by Englandgreenhere in Houston. GM really needs to sell the handling and HD upgrades of the PPV to the civilian market - there was no way I was going to buy a regular wallowy roll-over inclined SUV, but something that has the ability to safely stop and turn (and haul ass like a big super sedan View attachment 311659 View attachment 311660 ) is a different story. GM really needs to sell a proper SS handling package enhanced Tahoe - so until they do, I am happy to build my own.

The badge itself is the 2010 through 2014 Camaro front SS badge and mount bracket. With a little cutting of the mount and a dab of epoxy it fits like an RPO option badge.

View attachment 311661

Remote start video of the stock truck:

Remote start video of the truck with the Corsa Sport installed:

Remote start video of the truck with the Corsa Touring muffler installed on existing Corsa system:

How did you get the buttons on the rear of the center console to work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3