Chirp, Chirp, Chirp.....:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had to help my neighbor more than once to replace or reinstall the belt on his wife's Explorer after the cat got caught in it when she started it in the morning. The cat was ****** up, but always fully recovered.
when I was a kid our cat used to sleep up on the engine of our CJ7, my dad went out one morning to start it up and forgot to bang on the hood first, I was standing on the porch watching and I saw cat hair fly up about 10' in the air and the cat took off like a bat out of hell into the woods, big ass tomcat finally showed back up about 3 days later his back leg was skinned from heel to hip but he survived it like nothing happened it was kind of funny though to see as a kid. that cat used to bring home rabbits and snakes and squirrels big Siamese male.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I was a kid our cat used to sleep up on the engine of our CJ7, my dad went out one morning to start it up and forgot to bang on the hood first, I was standing on the porch watching and I saw cat hair fly up about 10' in the air and the cat took off like a bat out of hell into the woods, big ass tomcat finally showed back up about 3 days later his back leg was skinned from heel to hip but he survived it like nothing happened it was kind of funny though to see as a kid. that cat used to bring home rabbits and snakes and squirrels big Siamese male.
My inlaws cat used to drop baby rabbits on the front porch still squealing but it was like they were skinned, it was weird. I used to have to toss them in the woods. Messed up thing is cat was an inside cat, got sick and it got out one day and we thought it was gone, it was declawed and its teeth were missing while inside but she showed back up one day.....how it did that to the rabbits was beyond us...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we nicknamed one of our parents' cats "Fan Shroud" because he used to sleep in front of the radiator of their '80 Olds Delta 88 or the '82 Cadillac Brougham. He was missing hair all over that dumb cat! He ran away the day of Hurricane Andrew and I think I found him squished on the side of the road a week or so later. His brother lived to be 22 or so years.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we nicknamed one of our parents' cats "Fan Shroud" because he used to sleep in front of the radiator of their '80 Olds Delta 88 or the '82 Cadillac Brougham. He was missing hair all over that dumb cat! He ran away the day of Hurricane Andrew and I think I found him squished on the side of the road a week or so later. His brother lived to be 22 or so years.
On an unrelated note, took my road test in a ‘78 olds delta 88....freakin boat that thing was, fast as balls tho 350 w a turbo 350....parallel parked it with one hand and big ol’ smelly dmv chick made me do it again with 2....lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my first races was in that thing, against an '84 Z-28 on the highway and we won! That thing was a rocket! It rolled like a destroyer in a sea but was a blast to drive for what it was! I remember now, it sure did whip around, wonder what steering box was in there? LOL

I just remembered, got my second ticket in that thing racing my Dad on the turnpike! It was originally burnt orange and he had it repainted banana yellow, no wonder the trooper pulled me over and not him! We had a good laugh over that one but I still had to pay the ticket! LOL

Thanks for bringing that up, made my day!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my first races was in that thing, against an '84 Z-28 on the highway and we won! That thing was a rocket! It rolled like a destroyer in a sea but was a blast to drive for what it was! I remember now, it sure did whip around, wonder what steering box was in there? LOL

I just remembered, got my second ticket in that thing racing my Dad on the turnpike! It was originally burnt orange and he had it repainted banana yellow, no wonder the trooper pulled me over and not him! We had a good laugh over that one but I still had to pay the ticket! LOL
Lol... you’re right about whipping it around... I remember the plastic ring insert on the steering wheel was broken and it used to grab my palm when i was sliding it sideways down the road.....lol ahh good times

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reminds of how the ford explorers/excursions float all over the place I don't know how people can drive those things for any period of time

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were going to fast to care! LOL

That was a car we used to throw into corners and slide across the bench seat if our seat belts weren't on!
oh I know, we had one when I was like 6 years, only car I ever slammed every finger and hand in every crevice you can think of, fingers/hand in glove box, windows, door jams, trunk. thank you god those things weren't as tight these new cars are, my poor 5 year old slammed his finger barely in the door of my Yukon and almost lost the fingernail it would have broke his finger if he did it like I used to. no car seat that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217

Latest posts