Chip Retrofit Lawsuit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSSSD

Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Yukon Denali indicating "later retrofit" on the parking sensor systems, and I'm just about at a year of having paid for and financed a depreciating vehicle without that functionality. My sales guy continues to harass his GM contact every 2 weeks, and my efforts to contact GM over social media and via phone have resulted in them telling me to pound sand. No date, no estimate, no nothing. I know I'm one of many, many people in the same boat.

My question is this: Has anyone spoken to an attorney about the situation to see if there's any remedy? My non-legal mind would think that forcing people to pay for the systems they don't have (or finance them at a high interest rate) may get into some type of provable harm. Looking for any and all options at this point with no end in sight, and yeah, I'm fairly hacked off about it.
This is exactly why you have to be prepared to "live with what you got" with the car, or don't buy it

Erik23

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many are siding with GM. They sold us vehicles with missing features we paid for promising to retrofit them. My Hyundai rental car had functioning parking sensors so why my 80k plus Yukon in still missing them over a year later is baffling. Maybe they do need a push to deliver what was sold to us.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You and many, many others did buy the vehicles as is with a discount on the missing chips. They say it will be retrofitted later, but nowhere does the paperwork say when that work has to be completed. Not siding with gm, but undertanding the situation and verbage used. They are hoping folks forget and dont get it done and i am sure thay most folks wont remember or want to out much effort in to get it done.

drmoose

Reaction score
I WOULD RECOMMEND GIVING UP. I have never heard of anyone receiving those chips AFTER they purchased the vehicle. When I purchased my Tahoe right on the Monroney window sticker there was a $100 price deduction because these chips were not installed in my vehicle. I'm not an attorney, but I suspect this is General Motors “Get out of jail card" for not having those chips. If you REALLY want this part, you might sell your vehicle and buy a new one, the new ones all come with these chips. Everyone said that 2022 was the worst year to buy a car. They were right.
I got the vehicle end of last April. Heated seats went in in December, heated steering wheel 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on the parking sensors. I'm slightly annoyed, but I did get $125 worth of "points" (for a late heated steering wheel) that I was able to use on a EUV. I do want those parking sensors, but fortunately, with the EUV, I don't drive this nearly as much anymore...

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I took delivery of my 23 Yukon Denali I ordered 4 months ago. It has all its chips. This doesn't help anyone but supports the theory.

Last edited:

Disapointed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I purchased my 2022 vehicle, it was stated that the retrofit parts would be available Q4 of 2022. Still waiting. So, would I ever purchase another vehicle with this promise? Never. So, they can install the parts even after 3 or 4 years? What is the point?