Chevy OEM Drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klutch7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys. What would be the difference between the lowering components used on the police Tahoes and those from an aftermarket company like belltech? would they be designed better? would there not be as many issues as the aftermarket? (cutting bumpstops, needing new shocks, etc) i read somewhere that all the OEM stuff is available over the counter. what do you guys think?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was going to lower I would want the OEM Kit but that is just me.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a belltech drop on mine, the rear spring kit comes with smaller bumps and shock relo brackets, You could go with a company like McGAUGHYS they always pull SEMA awards and are GM approved

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mcgaughy spindles are WAY more heavy duty that the stock spindles. They look to be made better and are a lot heavier than the stock spindles.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I love my belltech drop. 2/4 spindles and 23305 springs with 24x10 u2 55s if I were to do it all over and didn't care about being low.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
with another truck. this one is staying black, don't think it would look good with chrome and the tires would be tiny to clear the drop I'm running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e