Check Engine Light After LED Interior Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see what the check engine light is for???? it might be completely unrelated, just a weird coincidence. These trucks dont have a CANBUS system so I would think its something else.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed out all of my interior and exterior lights with LEDs, and I did not trigger any warnings on the dashboard. My initial thought is that your issue may be unrelated to your LED conversion. Do you have a code reader, so that you can see what code is being thrown to light up the check engine warning?

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see what the check engine light is for???? it might be completely unrelated, just a weird coincidence. These trucks dont have a CANBUS system so I would think its something else.
No code reader, BUT, the wife said she took a ride in it, and the light was off.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed out all of my interior and exterior lights with LEDs, and I did not trigger any warnings on the dashboard. My initial thought is that your issue may be unrelated to your LED conversion. Do you have a code reader, so that you can see what code is being thrown to light up the check engine warning?

Apparently, the light is now off so I guess the issue was resolved? I don't have a code reader, but I will be buying one soon as I can.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the code should still be there as a "history code", so whatever it was it failed, then passed so the light went out, you might want to get it scanned to see what it is, then you can prepare to fix whatever is going out, usually cheaper to do it that way anyway because you can order the part online cheaper instead of having to pay retail. Most of the time a check engine light is smog related and not usually something critical unless it flashes at you which indicates a misfire and potential engine damage if ignored.
changing your interior lights to led would not trigger a check engine light.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the code should still be there as a "history code", so whatever it was it failed, then passed so the light went out, you might want to get it scanned to see what it is, then you can prepare to fix whatever is going out, usually cheaper to do it that way anyway because you can order the part online cheaper instead of having to pay retail. Most of the time a check engine light is smog related and not usually something critical unless it flashes at you which indicates a misfire and potential engine damage if ignored.
changing your interior lights to led would not trigger a check engine light.

Gotcha, I'll follow up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n