Can I see photos of your truck with aftermarket tail lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a set of some tail lights that look like the ones in the photos below for sale cheap and I want to grab them. They look like the 4th Gen. Yukon tail lights and I’ve always liked the look of those. They haven’t been installed and I don’t know how they would look on my ‘09 Denali. Does anyone on this forum have similar style lights on their 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon and can you post a photo/video so I can get an idea of how they look in real life? Bonus points if your truck is black like mine.

TIA

IMG_5111.jpeg
IMG_5113.jpegIMG_5112.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    979.2 KB · Views: 4

me88

Reaction score
I have these (Spyder ALT-YD-CSUB07V2-LED-BK) installed for quite a while now on a black Tahoe and they look and fit really well. The brake light is super bright compared to the stock tail lamps, reverse lamp and turn signal brightness is similar to stock. It was a simple plug'n'play upgrade.

Beware that there are two versions, clear and smoked. The pictures you copied look like the clear version which is what I have.

The main reason I jumped on them was to remove the hackjob the importer did in 2009 to make the red tail lights blink orange when turning :rolleyes:

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who makes these lights? I really like the tail lights on the next Gen up yukons. I have the headlights that look like the newer Gen, would really like the tails.

I really have grown to dislike the 90s alteza looking stock denali lights.

me88

Reaction score
Don't know who exactly makes them but they are sold by Spyder Auto, available on various websites under the part number I wrote above.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny, I found them on their website, but they don't list a price. they also doesn't list the hybrid. workings different or something. but I'm thinking that could be fixed.

did you order from them directly?

me88

Reaction score
The tail lights could fit but the plastic pieces above them beside the rear window are shaped differently. You could swap them for the ones from a regular Tahoe I'd assume. Also the Hybrid has LED tail lights from the factory and I'm not sure if putting LED lights with a power draw similar to regular bulbs would cause errors in this particular case, maybe even the wiring is different.

EDIT: Never mind, there seem to be more differences: https://electricvehicleforums.com/f...mc-yukon-hybrid-69/09-hyhoe-27207/#post237728

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh. mine look like normal bulbs to me. but I haven't taken them apart, just looking thru the lens.

but it seems as these hybrids went up in models the got less and less efficient. like the Tahoe for all kinds of aluminum parts, my yukon didn't. the caddy got even less.

shame.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my 22 year old OG OEM light fixture on the right with this fresh Dorman aftermarket light fixture installed on the left. Really pops in my SUV, stepping out.

908B6777-6313-4F3F-B301-A1A2C829471F.jpeg

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a set of some tail lights that look like the ones in the photos below for sale cheap and I want to grab them. They look like the 4th Gen. Yukon tail lights and I’ve always liked the look of those. They haven’t been installed and I don’t know how they would look on my ‘09 Denali. Does anyone on this forum have similar style lights on their 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon and can you post a photo/video so I can get an idea of how they look in real life? Bonus points if your truck is black like mine.

TIA
I just ordered a set of the Spyder taillights that look like the ones in your post...I can post some photos of them if your still looking for photos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo