RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ran these tails on the truck from November to February, but my cruise control never worked with these. I was not happy and driving from socal to Utah with no cruise control absolutely sucked....

7DCD6570-51CE-49F8-B5D9-CCB96D400269.jpeg 0615A1B2-5186-4C9F-B844-4465CBE42F18.jpeg
After I got back from that trip I messed around with resistors in all different setups and couldn’t figure it out. But I wasn’t going on my March mammoth road trip with no cruise control so I threw my original C LED tube tails back on. Been rolling around with the old chipped lense since and it’s been bugging me. Even tried another set I picked up and it was still a no go. So I sent them back and got a refund. Irritating. But I was finally able to figure out why my cruise didn’t work with the newer tails. I swapped the pigtails and plugged the brake lights into the turn signals, and turn signal/running light into brake pigtail and my cruise control WORKED! So the LED tube in these newer tails also comes on during the day as a brake light with the other C shaped set of individual LEDs that are brake lights. It dawned on me to wire in an extra set of resistors into the turn signal/night time running light pigtail. Had to figure out which of the three wires in the pigtail went to the running light and which’s as turn signal but after some google searching some schematics I learned it was potentially the brown wire, and wouldnt ya know that was the trick! Buttoned up the wires and connections and put everything back together. Stoked that I got these babies functioning all correctly cuz they look really badass! 09AE5EAF-DE28-4522-8D79-2D7B8348A84F.jpeg 413BCE3D-C78D-40BB-B36D-94A835923E70.jpeg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Anzo u-bars. I don’t have anything loose on them either. What is it that you don’t like?
I can’t figure out why they’re so loose which really irritates me. I also HATE the chrome corners. The grooves and the chrome just look so damn cheesy in my opinion. The U-bars are growing on me but you know I miss my other LED tubes. Lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, pretty much all headlights have chrome corners that I don’t care for because I don’t like chrome. I will say I explored the possibility of opening these up so I could paint those black but they’re sealed with Permaseal and I figured I’d end up wrecking the lights so I moved on and now they don’t bother me much. I still love the lights, with the retrofits.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, pretty much all headlights have chrome corners that I don’t care for because I don’t like chrome. I will say I explored the possibility of opening these up so I could paint those black but they’re sealed with Permaseal and I figured I’d end up wrecking the lights so I moved on and now they don’t bother me much. I still love the lights, with the retrofits.
my other spec d tuning led tube headlights did not have any chrome in the housings at all. The whole back of the housing was flat black. And I loved that.
I will say that I’m glad I did the retrofit. I love the HIDs. And so far my auto headlights have not caused any issues with the ballasts on start up. Did you use the mounting bracket from your OEM housings on the anzo housings when you mounted them on the truck?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my other spec d tuning led tube headlights did not have any chrome in the housings at all. The whole back of the housing was flat black. And I loved that.
I will say that I’m glad I did the retrofit. I love the HIDs. And so far my auto headlights have not caused any issues with the ballasts on start up. Did you use the mounting bracket from your OEM housings on the anzo housings when you mounted them on the truck?
No, just the Anzo brackets. Are you sure you got the pins in right? It always is a challenge for me to get the lower holes lined up. The stupid pins go in but the lower holes aren’t engaged and the lights aren’t solid so I take a scratch awl and use it to get the holes lined up and then slide the pins in.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, just the Anzo brackets. Are you sure you got the pins in right? It always is a challenge for me to get the lower holes lined up. The stupid pins go in but the lower holes aren’t engaged and the lights aren’t solid so I take a scratch awl and use it to get the holes lined up and then slide the pins in.
I’ve always heard that the mounting brackets on the aftermarket lenses are not very good and to reuse OEM brackets if possible. So I did. Lol. I think the pins are in correct.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always heard that the mounting brackets on the aftermarket lenses are not very good and to reuse OEM brackets if possible. So I did. Lol. I think the pins are in correct.
That was just on some of the Depos, I’ve never had a problem with any of mine. Maybe you should try them with the Anzo brackets if you still have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE