Change Engine Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change engine oil light comes on at start up for about five seconds then disappears however I got a oil change around 1000 miles ago . Has anyone encountered this problem?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoever changed the oil probably didn’t reset the oil monitor setting, so it’s flashinf at startup. Put your key to run with engine off, push the accelerator pedal to the floor three times within 5 seconds, engine life reset should flash, and then it should reset the monitor.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoever changed the oil probably didn’t reset the oil monitor setting, so it’s flashing at startup. Put your key to run with engine off, push the accelerator pedal to the floor three times within 5 seconds, engine life reset should flash, and then it should reset the monitor.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change engine oil light comes on at start up for about five seconds then disappears however I got a oil change around 1000 miles ago . Has anyone encountered this problem?

What % oil life has it gone down to? I understand your curiosity in the DIC info warning, but the % is much more valuable tool in diagnosis and perhaps deducing the accuracy of the message, assuming the monitor was reset at the time of last engine oil drain & refill. Also, your verification of the oil monitor reset in the original post is essential for any pertinent advice/suggestion which you are seeking. Otherwise, you just get a bunch of responses talking about resetting the monitor and you haven't gained anything.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My monitor has started to count down much faster this past year. Sometimes as soon as 2000 miles. I idle allot so I just chaulked it up to that being the reason but I really don't know why all of a sudden it changed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What % oil life has it gone down to? I understand your curiosity in the DIC info warning, but the % is much more valuable tool in diagnosis and perhaps deducing the accuracy of the message, assuming the monitor was reset at the time of last engine oil drain & refill. Also, your verification of the oil monitor reset in the original post is essential for any pertinent advice/suggestion which you are seeking. Otherwise, you just get a bunch of responses talking about resetting the monitor and you haven't gained anything.
It hasn’t gone down it’s currently at 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700