Centric Drum Brake Parts Kit Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used a Centric parts kit? Reason I ask is that I have used them now twice on my rear drums, and both times the c clip/pin has come off of the parking brake bracket and the entire drum has grenaded. The clip that these parts come with is nowhere near as beefy as the OEM clip and really doesn't look like it provides much in the way of security for the T-pin.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone always says, just use Delco parts. I replaced the original OEM with cheaper sh*t and I should have just left it alone with all the issues I've had and still have.

Bought all Delco last year from RA to replace everything on the rear brakes but still haven't got to it yet.

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had wanted to use Delco however was told by my parts house that they don't make the parts kits and Centric was their approved oem replacement

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had wanted to use Delco however was told by my parts house that they don't make the parts kits and Centric was their approved oem replacement
I found every part I need to replace everything apart from the backplate on RockAuto. I looked at the parts when I got them and could see they were better quality than the shit I had not long replaced. Not sure if that is still the case, but take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne