Center Console Wireless QI Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conjalka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LTZ and have always been disappointed in the center console wireless phone charger. I've found that, at least on Samsung Galaxy Phones, I have to take off the case on my phone to have any hope of it working. Has anyone else had the same experience? Have they improved this in the 2017+ models? Has anyone else found a way to improve the performance of the charger so it works with phone cases on?

Thanks!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a search you should find that this has been discussed quite a bit. Just change the charging module to a 2018.

mentalmadness

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont have one but when i was looking at newer sierras i seen that you could take it apart and flip it? So the pad was the other direction

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LTZ and have always been disappointed in the center console wireless phone charger. I've found that, at least on Samsung Galaxy Phones, I have to take off the case on my phone to have any hope of it working. Has anyone else had the same experience? Have they improved this in the 2017+ models? Has anyone else found a way to improve the performance of the charger so it works with phone cases on?

Thanks!

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo.... in 2018 they updated the charging pad and added additional coils. This makes it charge better and not have to fight to find the sweet spot by flipping the rubber piece around etc. It also allows the iphone X and above to charge. The new parts work MUCH better for charging... HOWEVER... a case will still interfere if its too bulky. If it's just a slim case i have found my X and XS MAX will charge no problem. I use a spriggen on both and they charge fine. The max doesn't sit flat in the tray since the tray is so narrow but it will still charge.

GM actually released a charging retrofit kit to update the charge pad. LINK

Heres a video how to do it:

thunderdawg

Reaction score
I bought the wireless charger upgrade GM# 84526978 for my 2016 Tahoe LTZ. The upgrade kit includes the new charger module and an adaptor cable so no modification to the original male connector. I bought mine from Tasca Parts Center (TascaParts.com). Cost for the kit was $60.94 plus $13.99 shipping. There may be cheaper sources and I know of at least one source that is more expensive. Best thing is I can now charge my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent $99.xx a few days ago from Ebay. I wish I seen this sooner. Is this the same as a 2017 Escalade? I have to assume it is right??

JMTexasGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 2016 Tahoe, but the fix turned out to be incredibly simple! All you have to do is remove the tiny magnet inside of the existing 2016 wireless charging module and it’ll work great! I’ve only tested it with my iPhone X, but it works flawlessly every time now. Let me know if you more details, but here’s a link to a video I uploaded about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sooo.... in 2018 they updated the charging pad and added additional coils. This makes it charge better and not have to fight to find the sweet spot by flipping the rubber piece around etc. It also allows the iphone X and above to charge. The new parts work MUCH better for charging... HOWEVER... a case will still interfere if its too bulky. If it's just a slim case i have found my X and XS MAX will charge no problem. I use a spriggen on both and they charge fine. The max doesn't sit flat in the tray since the tray is so narrow but it will still charge.

GM actually released a charging retrofit kit to update the charge pad. LINK

Heres a video how to do it:

I just purchased a 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package. It’s pretty loaded, but did Not come with wireless charging on the center console an I want to address this.

Is my best bet to buy an entire new armrest assembly with the charger included or should I find all the sub parts (which has been very hard to do) and retrofit the exiting armrest?

I would really like the pad to fit an iPhone X max. Is the Cadillac Escalade pad the only option here?

Thanks for any feedback!

PICNIC101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package. It’s pretty loaded, but did Not come with wireless charging on the center console an I want to address this.

Is my best bet to buy an entire new armrest assembly with the charger included or should I find all the sub parts (which has been very hard to do) and retrofit the exiting armrest?

I would really like the pad to fit an iPhone X max. Is the Cadillac Escalade pad the only option here?

Thanks for any feedback!

I am interested in the answer to this as well