Center console shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kirbie

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So question the steel bar u used u mounted to the console with bolt to to the console (screwed from inside out?) or u mount it to the floor? .. thats pretty damn awesome like that much better!!

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steel bar is bolted to the substructure of the console, and then the outer trim panels were reinstalled, so the bolts are hidden.

OP
OP
Kirbie

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha!! Looks awesome !!! I am looking for a 05 shifter now also do u have a top obove shifter picture? See how u didnthe cut

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the shift indicator is still up in the cluster instead of by the shifter. Seems kind of weird. Other than that it looks good.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW for anyone interested in doing this, here is the GM part number for the manual transmission steering column shroud to eliminate the shift lever hole.

Since I got the Trailblazer shifter off ebay, I don't know that part number.

Other modifications
Touchscreen computer in the console (nav, music, OBD diags)
Wireless charger in console lid
OEM dual battery
110V power
OEM transmission temp gauge
Rear hatch lighting (OEM dome light w/o reading lights)
Footwell lighting (why did GM ever delete this??)
Console compartment lighting
DRL-Fog-Highbeam mod (diodes on BCM method)
Hidden antenna

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. What did you do about the interlock solenoid on the shifter? just remove it or did you wire it in?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. What did you do about the interlock solenoid on the shifter? just remove it or did you wire it in?
I'm sorry, I know this is a really old request, but I just noticed your question. The Trailblazer shifter has an interlock solenoid, and I could have extended the wires and connected it like I did with the Tow/Haul switch, but I like not having to step on the brake to shift out of Park, so I left it disconnected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh