Center console shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone done a 03-06 shifter from the colum to middle console mod? if so what did you use or link pictures

OP
OP
Kirbie

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wanted keep the console maybe where the bigger slot is like where a 4x4 would be.,. in the side.. so curious bout ideas. and wonder bout the cable or how the cable front the tranny to shifter.

interior.jpg

OP
OP
Kirbie

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
like wonder is the h2 same chassis as Tahoe?? so can take center console from the 02 H2 and start the swap?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this in my '05 Tahoe. Used a Trailblazer shifter from the same year. The cable can be detached from the column and rerouted to the console, it connected to the Trailblazer shifter with no modification. I just had to fabricate a bracket to mount the shifter in the console. I just cut the bottom out of the left-hand cupholder for the shifter to come through. The other modifications were to install a manual transmission pick up truck column cover to eliminate the hole in the steering column, and since my Tahoe has the Bose system I had to slightly modify the subwoofer to make space for the shifter.

OP
OP
Kirbie

Kirbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome info man? Do u have any pictures of it?mine is 03 with bose as well so wonder if the trailblazer would work as well.. what the bracket look like?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a console I found online with drawings of what I did. The green rectangles are the two 1"x1/8" bars that I mounted the shifter to, and the red hatched area is what I removed from the subwoofer enclosure. The subwoofer is ABS, so I cut out the space that I needed and then used MEK to solvent-weld part of the removed plastic over the opening to seal the enclosure.
bracket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63