CB radio install on a 07-14 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a CB into an 07-14 model yet? I’ve got some ideas for the antenna (hidden 3ft, or rear hatch mount), just trying to plan where to mount the head unit (New Cobra 29 LX I just scoop for $60). Thinking either in the center console or glovebox (both of which I don’t really use often anyways). Welcome to any suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a CB into an 07-14 model yet? I’ve got some ideas for the antenna (hidden 3ft, or rear hatch mount), just trying to plan where to mount the head unit (New Cobra 29 LX I just scoop for $60). Thinking either in the center console or glovebox (both of which I don’t really use often anyways). Welcome to any suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance!

I haven't installed one permanently but I did throw one in for a road trip.

I just used a good magnet mount in the center of the big ole roof of the Burb... excellent ground plain.

I just stuck the radio on the passenger side of the center console since it was temporary.

Not exactly hidden as far as the antenna is concerned but it will talk the best with it mounted there.

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Update: got the interior mounting option on order, will look almost stock when installed (think police cruiser console), but that’s a few weeks out. Now to figure out the antenna mounting option. I’m trying to stay away from the hood mount option as less is more in my eyes. I’ll let y’all know what I come up with.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: got the interior mounting option on order, will look almost stock when installed (think police cruiser console), but that’s a few weeks out. Now to figure out the antenna mounting option. I’m trying to stay away from the hood mount option as less is more in my eyes. I’ll let y’all know what I come up with.

if I was going to put one on I would think maybe clamp a antenna mount to one of the roof rack slide rails near the edge where it is stronger or maybe with something that extends down a little so it has support underneath from the roof also. or just make my own with some metal strips. Or you could do it old school and mount it to the outer edge of the rear metal bumper with a bracket but you would have to drill a hole through the rear bumper cover but that could be done easily and it would be stronger than a roof mount.

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
if I was going to put one on I would think maybe clamp a antenna mount to one of the roof rack slide rails near the edge where it is stronger or maybe with something that extends down a little so it has support underneath from the roof also. or just make my own with some metal strips. Or you could do it old school and mount it to the outer edge of the rear metal bumper with a bracket but you would have to drill a hole through the rear bumper cover but that could be done easily and it would be stronger than a roof mount.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines on mounting one parallel to the roof rack. No time to work on it this weekend, but will play around with it over the next week or so

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always do a remote mount CB. I bought a really nice uniden with full digital dash, and considered mounting it in this gaping hole in my headliner. Turns out, it was actually too big to get in there, so that idea died. I have a cobra remote CB that I will mount inside the center console, and then have the mic on the bezel around the radio. (Theres already holes from fire service)

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
You could always do a remote mount CB. I bought a really nice uniden with full digital dash, and considered mounting it in this gaping hole in my headliner. Turns out, it was actually too big to get in there, so that idea died. I have a cobra remote CB that I will mount inside the center console, and then have the mic on the bezel around the radio. (Theres already holes from fire service)

I’m not fond of the remote mounts (doesn’t look clean in my eyes) but to each their own. This is the route I’m going as I stated earlier, just waiting for it to ship. No cutting required just relocating the lower set of stock switches and the two outlets.

1748af44712810d865e0a4cdb1cdd764.jpg

Trc54

Reaction score
I have mine mounted underneath the dash. I took it out when it went into the shop but the mount is still there. I used an existing hole as my ssv already had a few on the roof. I thought for the cleanest look to mount it through the rear bumper on the side near a taillight so the antenna wouldn't really stick up higher than the truck.

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
I have mine mounted underneath the dash. I took it out when it went into the shop but the mount is still there. I used an existing hole as my ssv already had a few on the roof. I thought for the cleanest look to mount it through the rear bumper on the side near a taillight so the antenna wouldn't really stick up higher than the truck.

I think that’s the route I’m going to go for the antenna. My new Havis console arrives Tuesday, so I need to get after it and mount it already. I’ll post console install pics within the week.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking along the same lines on mounting one parallel to the roof rack. No time to work on it this weekend, but will play around with it over the next week or so

Parallel? As in horizontal? Your range will be pitiful.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98