Catalytic converter help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU! I seen another that came up that is also compatible with our trucks. Much cheaper. Any reason I should go for the 51578?
When mine was purchased there was only one option. I looked a few months ago and saw the two options, one photo showed cats that looked like the factory ones but don't see that now. There is a difference in quality, the ad may not be written correctly for the less expensive one, best to give them a call.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine was purchased there was only one option. I looked a few months ago and saw the two options, one photo showed cats that looked like the factory ones but don't see that now. There is a difference in quality, the ad may not be written correctly for the less expensive one, best to give them a call.

I called and confirmed the cheaper one has less warranty and really for people not keeping their car for a long time. 90 day vs 5 year warranty.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are you at?

I only ask cause the cats on my Voy are OEM at 212k, the cats on my Saab are OEM at 167k. Now the cat on my Aztek is failing at 132k. V6 vs V8 thou.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
224k miles on my 07 Toy FJ w/4.0L V6, no issues ever, never thrown a code.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are you at?

I only ask cause the cats on my Voy are OEM at 212k, the cats on my Saab are OEM at 167k. Now the cat on my Aztek is failing at 132k. V6 vs V8 thou.
I'm at 247k miles but probably had this issue since around 230k I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons