Cat eyes, and front end swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it only looks good with the HD grill color matched, otherwise there’s no reason not to use the 01-02 HD grill/bumper, IMO

My current pondering is if I could cobble together the bumper, color matched, grill color matched, and bumper lights, with standard top lights, and standard hood.

Maybe too much fabrication, but I’m gonna head to a pick-n-pull and take a look.

Don't think that will work or look good. Bumper lights are squared off and upper lights would be round, fenders would look odd and require a lot of fabrication. It would all be kind of weird as the lights wouldn't match the shape of the grill either.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it only looks good with the HD grill color matched, otherwise there’s no reason not to use the 01-02 HD grill/bumper, IMO

My current pondering is if I could cobble together the bumper, color matched, grill color matched, and bumper lights, with standard top lights, and standard hood.

Maybe too much fabrication, but I’m gonna head to a pick-n-pull and take a look.

Don't think that will work or look good. Bumper lights are squared off and upper lights would be round, fenders would look odd and require a lot of fabrication. It would all be kind of weird as the lights wouldn't match the shape of the grill either.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I like the murdered look more than average. This one to me is how it should look for an off-road SUV. The color matched grill looks better on a lowered street truck. I don't usually like the cowl hoods, but for some reason, when I see this one, I think it looks better with a big cowl hood on it.

You know they do make aftermarket 1 piece headlights
https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Silv...SwUM5aAoKc:sc:UPSGround!85029!US!-1:rk:7:pf:0

upload_2018-11-16_9-45-20.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-...SwaWxa2GJ2:sc:UPSGround!85029!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

This one is $231.. If you really didn't like em, but needed to buy parts anyways.
s-l1600.jpg

(headlights and grill)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-Chev...nw9aSH87:sc:UPSGround!85029!US!-1:rk:155:pf:0

s-l1600.gif

(if you want to search a little more)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=(2004,+2005,+2006)+silverado+headlights+grill&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_osacat=0&_odkw=(2004,+2005,+2006)+silverado+headlights+grill

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow those are awful

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked it specifically because the grill made it look more like the new Tahoe, and especially the RST
C346962D-014C-4179-858F-1CD25BEA2F7B.jpeg

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The design looks 95+% the same, but the new one looks good, and the NBS looks off. Still not sure if its the bug shield doing it.

These ones look a little better.

hl-cs03-1pc-am-sm%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

hl-cs03-1pc-am-bk%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

For what you are doing on all this, unless you somehow come into most of these parts for cheap/free I just don't see it. The 2001-2002 HD hood is still the best looking one I've seen, and you can do a similar 1 piece headlights with a different grill if that's what you like.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
full

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/media/just-the-front-bagged-for-now.14754/

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I like it. The SS bumper really fixes a lot of the bumper issues I have.

I mean, my truck has no front right now, the deer saw to that. I’ve got to replace everything down to the radiator supports. I have found a complete front clip for a decent price, but this is always where i come to talk about our vehicles. Bounce ideas around.

Still may pull the trigger on this.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really digging that one too. I think getting rid of the amber in the lights helps the look of that a lot. I prefer the non-fender flare, side steps personally, and I don't think any of those SS bumpers line up without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98