Cat eyes, and front end swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The design looks 95+% the same, but the new one looks good, and the NBS looks off. Still not sure if its the bug shield doing it.

These ones look a little better.

hl-cs03-1pc-am-sm%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

hl-cs03-1pc-am-bk%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

For what you are doing on all this, unless you somehow come into most of these parts for cheap/free I just don't see it. The 2001-2002 HD hood is still the best looking one I've seen, and you can do a similar 1 piece headlights with a different grill if that's what you like.

Jesus those are fugly

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Glad someone else finally chimes in agreeing. Ugh

Lol, sorry to leave you solo, I was trying to have an imagination about it without those open grills.

*if* the goal is to ultimately make it look more like the new Tahoe, those one piece headlights might work. But I lack photoshop skills to render it.

The more I look at it though, the more it’s all kinda growing on me. I’m exclusively looking at the HD grill and bumper, and hood, because the only way I like those lights is with the larger hood on top.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Lol, sorry to leave you solo, I was trying to have an imagination about it without those open grills.

*if* the goal is to ultimately make it look more like the new Tahoe, those one piece headlights might work. But I lack photoshop skills to render it.

The more I look at it though, the more it’s all kinda growing on me. I’m exclusively looking at the HD grill and bumper, and hood, because the only way I like those lights is with the larger hood on top.

I'm not a fan of those aftermarket lights so much, but the HD hood is the key to the look imo.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
The design looks 95+% the same, but the new one looks good, and the NBS looks off. Still not sure if its the bug shield doing it.

These ones look a little better.

hl-cs03-1pc-am-sm%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

hl-cs03-1pc-am-bk%2bgri-sp-cs03-ct-bk.jpg

For what you are doing on all this, unless you somehow come into most of these parts for cheap/free I just don't see it. The 2001-2002 HD hood is still the best looking one I've seen, and you can do a similar 1 piece headlights with a different grill if that's what you like.
I had these on my 05 silverado for a bit. Didnt look bad. Caught tons of shit on GMfs forum but it was expected lol. Took them off to go back to stock only cause I didnt like how the lens bulges out so far. Imo the housing design is clean looking. But big headlights belong on big SUVs. If I got in a wreck and needed to replace the whole front clip i would opt for a 03+ hd front with these heads again.received_491456584676326.jpeg FB_IMG_1543245881758.jpg FB_IMG_1543245869543.jpg FB_IMG_1543245865903.jpg
Miss that truck. Was fun to drive, 5.3 in a single cab.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Seen this locally over summer. Almost nicer than mine....almost. Some people saw it around town and thought it was mine lol. Blue with 5 spokes and a little lowFB_IMG_1543246833925.jpg

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I had these on my 05 silverado for a bit. Didnt look bad. Caught tons of shit on GMfs forum but it was expected lol. Took them off to go back to stock only cause I didnt like how the lens bulges out so far. Imo the housing design is clean looking. But big headlights belong on big SUVs. If I got in a wreck and needed to replace the whole front clip i would opt for a 03+ hd front with these heads again.View attachment 211324 View attachment 211325 View attachment 211326 View attachment 211327
Miss that truck. Was fun to drive, 5.3 in a single cab.
Gah, I don’t know why, but I just dig the way that looks. Color matched grill in white always looks good. Those one piece headlights would be exactly what I wanted if the leds ran horizontal even with the center of the grill.

And yeah 01-02hd does look good, but I’m having a lot more trouble finding those parts, and there are a ton of 05-06 hd Silverados out there in white.