1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cargo cover blues..

Discussion in 'Interior' started by ShaginWagon, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon Member

Name:
    Austin
    I’ve been fortunate to find a cargo cover for my 03 Tahoe. Unfortunately it’s beginning to stop retracting all together. Is there a fix for this or am I SOL? I would take it apart and figure it out but I’m sure somebody here has figured that out or not before I go breaking things..

2. AN292

AN292 Member

Name:
    andy
    Man I took mine apart and was never able to get it back together. I couldnt figure it out at all lol. Ruined it, threw it away. Sucks because theyre like $150 online. I found that one for $40 on offerup lol.

ShaginWagon likes this.
  3. ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon Member

Name:
    Austin
    That’s been my fear! Takes me 3 seconds to roll it in by hand but you never know till you ask! I think I’m going to keep trying to find them and see what I can do about getting them to work right so I’ll have a back up haha

4. bill1013

bill1013 Full Access Member

Name:
    Earl
    I have one and the only problem I had is when the kids were playing with it and it rolled back up unevenly. I had to slowly & gingerly pull it all the way out and hold it as it slowly retracted. It has been fine ever since. I got mine off the GMC website, along with the cargo net that goes across the back, for $150. I've seen them advertised on the JB Whitney catalog, but I'm not sure if they're OEM or after market knockoffs. JB Whitney's prices are cheaper, so I would expect them to be aftermarket. But as always...you get what you pay for and ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECIEPT! My wife's motto...just thought I'd throw that in for dramatic effect. Although it has saved my butt quite a few times in the last 3 years.

Tonyrodz likes this.
  5. ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon Member

Name:
    Austin
    I’ve seen them online here and there for a decent price, but with how picky the SWB and LWB are I don’t trust it fits until I install it. You have a link to get them?

6. bill1013

bill1013 Full Access Member

Name:
    Earl
    You can just surf the web. You can start at jcwhitney.com, carparts.com or Amazon.com. There are a few right here on this website, but check out their return policy as some have really rotten return policies. Take measurements and go surfing! Good Luck!

7. 03greenZ71

03greenZ71 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    I just found one on FB for $50 and drove an hour to get it. It’s the wrong color-tan- as I have the pewter interior but it took me forever to find one. I would keep looking for a used one, they are still out there!

Tonyrodz and wjburken like this.
  8. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident Resident

Name:
    Tony
    Same here--I found a tan one, but I also have the pewter interior--I bought it anyway. I keep finding covers for the XL/Suburbans.

malmed likes this.
  9. slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie Member

Name:
    Cody
    I have pewter. What’s the difference in the covers for the XL? They pull out further?

10. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident Resident

Name:
    Tony
    2" longer--on the mounting point--where it mounts behind the 2nd row seating.