Can't find brake controller blunt end wires under dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Tried to install my Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller today. I have this installed on my 2001 that actually has a receptacle on the firewall under the dash to plug into. I want to hook up a harness and bracket into my 2012 so I can just swap it from one vehicle to the other, but I can't find the blunt end wires wrapped up under the dash.

Where does this harness originate from under there, maybe I can trace it down from that location?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to install my Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller today. I have this installed on my 2001 that actually has a receptacle on the firewall under the dash to plug into. I want to hook up a harness and bracket into my 2012 so I can just swap it from one vehicle to the other, but I can't find the blunt end wires wrapped up under the dash.

Where does this harness originate from under there, maybe I can trace it down from that location?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Should be coiled and taped to main wire harness under the dash, to the right of your parking brake release and almost under the steering column.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Should be coiled and taped to main wire harness under the dash, to the right of your parking brake release and almost under the steering column.
I don't have a parking brake release... Lol

I'm just not seeing it anywhere unless it's tucked behind the box with the plug-ins (BCM?)

I'll look again later today

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a parking brake release... Lol

I'm just not seeing it anywhere unless it's tucked behind the box with the plug-ins (BCM?)

I'll look again later today

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

I figured you did since you did not have RPO JNC, wonder if someone swapped it over like I'm going to do.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I figured you did since you did not have RPO JNC, wonder if someone swapped it over like I'm going to do.
Interesting.

I doubt the previous owner did anything like that. They were the original owner from an affluent suburb in the area and everything on this looks to have been maintained.

It could've been done by a dealership due to a problem or recall or somerhing like that?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I doubt the previous owner did anything like that. They were the original owner from an affluent suburb in the area and everything on this looks to have been maintained.

It could've been done by a dealership due to a problem or recall or somerhing like that?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

There were no recalls, it's just easier for some folks to use one version or another. I originally thought it was a model year change and then later learned that it was an option but do not know all there is to know about it. I asked Pete about his 2013 and he has the JNC RPO code.

Did you find the trailer brake wiring?

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
There were no recalls, it's just easier for some folks to use one version or another. I originally thought it was a model year change and then later learned that it was an option but do not know all there is to know about it. I asked Pete about his 2013 and he has the JNC RPO code.

Did you find the trailer brake wiring?
My manual says nothing about pulling a lever to release the parking brake

"To release the parking brake, hold the regular brake pedal down, then push down momentarily on the parking brake pedal until you feel the pedal release. Slowly pull your foot up off the parking brake pedal"

I have not looked again yet for the wires. That video link that @wjburken posted showed that it may be up behind the upfitter box. I plan on checking after eating some lunch

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17