Can't Believe Bose Speakers Are So Paper Thin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you buy aftermarket, you never, ever seen paper/cardboard speakers but yesterday when taking apart the doors I got a chance to see the speakers.....they are paper/cardboard speakers, seriously?

I bet if you went into a Bose store you wouldn't find paper/cardboard speakers on their products, what a shame.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Mine seem to sound good. However, I am not an audiophile by any stretch. Your mileage may vary....
That being said though, the Bose system on my 08 Envoy was a pretty amazing. The interior cabin was smaller as well so with all things being equal with the Tahoe's cabin being larger there is definitely a different acoustic dynamic.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM bose are a joke, the Focal stuff I put in the suburban are 10x the speakers the junk OEM's were. That being said the Caddy does sound much better than the suburban did from the factory, but I can only imagine they're the same junk quality I've pulled out of all of my GM vehicles previously.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bose sucks, both in car audio and home audio, only the older 20+ yr old Bose home speakers are any good, but they wouldn't look good in our trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the speaker build quality, but I am pretty amazed that the Bose system sounds so damn good in my '16 Denali with a little volume cranked up.
Bish

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM counts on folks not ever really hearing a truly tuned sound system in a car and builds there systems to exceed what most would consider good sound with "Bose" systems. And to the layman they do sound fine. But if you are really into your music once you hear a good SQ system that has been tuned for the car it truly is an amazing difference. For years I had done high end AV systems and theaters in custom homes and commercial environments all over North and South America. More than once I had clients tell me they didn't "need" that good of sound and many times I offered to install, tune and present a finely designed room. If they didn't like it I'd take it out and install lesser gear for free. I never removed a single system. If you qualify the listener and develop an understanding of what they like to listen to you can tailor a system to exceed expectations. Classical, blues, jazz, and vocals sell themselves. If they listen to sports radio 24/7 and really never just allow the experience of good music to take you there, don't bother. BUT, if they do... you will gain a friend and client for life.

Think about how much time you spend in your car, put the phone down, and turn it up a bit on the drive home. Pick the album you grew up listening to, sing if you want... and when you get home, your mood and the time "me" time you spend with music... is priceless. Maybe thats a bit over the top but right now we are all staring at the computer... reading... throw some music on... and enjoy the simpler pleasures... whatever you listen to... well death metal ... maybe not but you get the point.

Over the years I've had people go on road trips and bring there favorite music just to enjoy it on a good system. YMMV but that is good times.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

LGSONE

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you bought a name in a car what did you expect. they are not the same level as the nice units in the stores. and truth be told the Bose units are not at the high level that they used to be. They have stayed in a marginal same level of quality since the 90s when they were amazing. Their are a hand full of superiorly better home units for less on the market and as for car speakers oh wow you have tons to choose from. I have never been impressed with the factory Bose systems. Yes they are better than most factory systems but they are still marginal when compared to the superior after market speakers available today. Factory stereo upgrades are a joke these days int he speaker department. The only reason for a factory stereo upgrade is the man head unit, other than that they all are junk compared to what is available on the after market.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM counts on folks not ever really hearing a truly tuned sound system in a car and builds there systems to exceed what most would consider good sound with "Bose" systems. And to the layman they do sound fine. But if you are really into your music once you hear a good SQ system that has been tuned for the car it truly is an amazing difference. For years I had done high end AV systems and theaters in custom homes and commercial environments all over North and South America. More than once I had clients tell me they didn't "need" that good of sound and many times I offered to install, tune and present a finely designed room. If they didn't like it I'd take it out and install lesser gear for free. I never removed a single system. If you qualify the listener and develop an understanding of what they like to listen to you can tailor a system to exceed expectations. Classical, blues, jazz, and vocals sell themselves. If they listen to sports radio 24/7 and really never just allow the experience of good music to take you there, don't bother. BUT, if they do... you will gain a friend and client for life.

Think about how much time you spend in your car, put the phone down, and turn it up a bit on the drive home. Pick the album you grew up listening to, sing if you want... and when you get home, your mood and the time "me" time you spend with music... is priceless. Maybe thats a bit over the top but right now we are all staring at the computer... reading... throw some music on... and enjoy the simpler pleasures... whatever you listen to... well death metal ... maybe not but you get the point.

Over the years I've had people go on road trips and bring there favorite music just to enjoy it on a good system. YMMV but that is good times.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

LGSONE

I'm with you there, I'm currently an A/V installer, and I'm surprised by the amount of people that think a Bose system in their home is going to sound good, the only thing they have going for them is their name, and compact nature of their speaker systems. I would never buy anything bose, for the money their just not worth it. I would rather spend my cash piecing together a good system tuned for what I listen to and my tastes. I run two P3 10's in my Yukon in a custom box and made that takes over the jack compartment and Alpine components for all the doors, and for what I listen to and the loudness I play it at its perfect. Bose cannot compete IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk