Can you turn off Auto Shutdown (eco mode)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to turn off the "auto shut down" (eco mode) option when at a stop light? I hit the button to disable when I get in but it's a PITA in my opinion. Thanks in advance
I installed the auto stop device on my first day of owning my Tahoe. It works perfectly. It installs behind the dash near the light switch. The ONLY difficulty is pulling off the dash. See the Video online. It is held in with snaps, and can be hard to pull off unless you're strong. Disabling the useless daytime running lights was more difficult, but well worth it.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of our vehicles have autostopeliminator installed, even the company vehicles. While I understand the premise, stopping the engine while sitting at a stop light is better fuel economy, or at least that is what they say. They didn't figure in short trips around town of just a few miles everyday. Those short trips with auto stop on, you will find yourself with a dead battery after a day or two. My daughter in-law, drives 3 miles each way to work, drops the kids off at school, there is a stoplight, or stop sign at every corner. They bought a new Suburban, after 3 days of just driving to and from work, dropping the kids off and shuttling them around, she gets in and it won't start. Towed to dealership, they test the battery and electrical, all is good. They give it back to her, no problem found, they just charged the battery. 4 days later, dead battery, she calls AAA this time. AAA comes out, tests the battery, jump it, tell her the battery and charging system are ok, must be a drain somewhere when it is off. She takes it back to the dealership, they can't find anything wrong.
This keeps happening every few days, my son is livid they have a new car that keeps needing jump starts. On one of the AAA jump starts, the tow driver tells her to turn off autostop, short trips, stopping the engine and restarting it, the battery is probably not getting charged enough, he sees it all the time. She turns off autostop everytime she gets in. No more jump starts, problem eliminated. He is now a believer in autostopeliminator.

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm SO happy for this thread you guys have really helped!

Yeah it's just freaking crazy how they think it actually does good to have that option. Just make the OEM switch to be able to permanently disable it.

gatorintx

Reaction score
I'm SO happy for this thread you guys have really helped!

Yeah it's just freaking crazy how they think it actually does good to have that option. Just make the OEM switch to be able to permanently disable it.
Agreed. My old X5 had an auto-stop off button, but it would keep it off until you pressed the button again no matter how many times you turned the car on and off. It was a much better system. Seems like this auto stop eliminator is the way to go.

SCiesie154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My auto stop is eliminated by running my 22 Yukon SLE in L9. it also stops the DFM from activating. It is a hassle pushing the L buttons all those times, but I feel like I am doing a good favor to my Yukon's engine and related systems. I welcome comments about how Iam operating my yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz