Can someone identify this wire in the liftgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all. My son and I worked to replace the liftgate glass button on our 2007 Tahoe. When re-assembling everything back on the interior side of the liftgate I found this wire. I think its just a wire that was never used but wanted to check here before I put it back together. I don't recall un-plugging this wire but I hate to get the panel back on and everything back together and then realize something now doesn't work.

This wire was in the lower portion of the liftgate near the motor that latches the liftgate down to the small metal bar in the back interior part of the Tahoe. In fact the wire is so short I think the only thing it could reach is that motor but I cannot find anywhere on the motor where it would plug in. Can anyone confirm what this wire is for?

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 14

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. My son and I worked to replace the liftgate glass button on our 2007 Tahoe. When re-assembling everything back on the interior side of the liftgate I found this wire. I think its just a wire that was never used but wanted to check here before I put it back together. I don't recall un-plugging this wire but I hate to get the panel back on and everything back together and then realize something now doesn't work.

This wire was in the lower portion of the liftgate near the motor that latches the liftgate down to the small metal bar in the back interior part of the Tahoe. In fact the wire is so short I think the only thing it could reach is that motor but I cannot find anywhere on the motor where it would plug in. Can anyone confirm what this wire is for?

It has a dummy cap on it. If that's the way you found it, I would just leave it like it is. My $.02.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's for the oil slick release when you're being chased by the cops.

What @89Suburban said. It's capped and not used in your rig's trim level.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What has been said by @89Suburban and @Geotrash, it is capped because it is not used in your trim level. The manufacturer will make one harness with all options included and cap them as needed for each rig being made on the assembly line.

My 1/2 ton frame 05 Tahoe has the transmission temp gauge wiring in behind the dash cluster and when I got a new cluster, I had the transmission temp gauge added and it was plug and play.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remote hatch release from the overhead console?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224