can i run 285/75/r16 on my stock tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi brand new to this site! i have already purchased a set of 285 dick cepek fc 2 tires and i am mounting them on my tahoe rims tomorrow, how much work will it take to fit them? i am considering either wheel spacers or a body lift depending? the tires actually measure 33x 10.5 . thanks for your input

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome: Should not be a problem with a suspension in good shape. I would say search the threads for those who have done it but site search engine does not seem to work right now.

BluHoe96

Reaction score
I mounted 285/75R16 Yokohama ATS' on V-Tec 16x8's with a 0 offset. Had a little rub with the wheel locked from left to right but the fender never hit. Did a 2" block out back and a 1/2" crank up front to take the rub away and give it a nice look. If you mounting on stock rims you will have more of a positive offset and the wheels will tuck in more so I think you should be fine.

OP
OP
M

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats awesome to hear guys i will let you know how it works for me, getting the tires mounted up tonight with any luck

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

just cuz i had to ask. .. . do they clear when you flex your truck right out too? or just good for normal driving. . . im not normal. . .

OP
OP
M

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well thats the best news i've had since my new shoes got here, now i just need a tire machine and balancer. . .. waiting for the weekend. thanks for the input boys, i'll get some pics up next week

OP
OP
M

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
got the new shoes under my hoe!! whites out!! no rub!! thanks for the advice guys and i'll get some action shots later. . ..

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 92

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
on a side note, i've heard a bit of negative on the use of wheel spacers...

have fun with those new wheels, let us know how they work out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts