Can i change this bushing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious, the bottle of my chock has some play. The bolt is secure. Is that a bushing I can replace? I cannot seem to find a part for that location? The shock only came with upper bushing.
fde68f462b165672a127a97e06df35ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so how the HECK without swear words do I get this thing back in lol

I got the old bushing out with a punch, hammer, and reciprocating saw the silly press just kept slipping off. Issue is the housing surrounding the mount is at an angle. I cannot press flat on the bushing. Trying to press the first bushing in resulted in the metal sleeve bending and bushing having to be thrown away.

I'm trying again with another bushing, a hammer *ahem*, and socket that's same diameter. but inevitably one edge always catches and refuses to enter the mount. Not to mention, the stress of hammering on a control arm not meant to take pressure in that direction :/ I think I now know why nobody had a video of this being replaced on Youtube.

How did you guys get the lower shock bushing in?

I'm currently freezing the bushing and going to apply heat to the control arm but have to be careful with heat as it's close to a lot of plastic parts like the CV boots, shock, etc :(

Otherwise, I think I may have to make a custom press with washers, bolt, nut, etc... but still have issue of the mount being at an angle and not pressing straight :(

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build a jack bolt press, custom grind the recptical for the angle. Reem the hole out a bit too

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have done that... I finally got it in through MUCH anguish lol Next time I'm building the press as mentioned.

It took heat on control arm, freezing the bushing, then hammering it in till it got started... then ball joint press with a socket that fit the bushing as apposed to pieces in kit.

WOW was that a PITA lol I'm going to use the megshift press for the other side lol

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have asked, how did you guys get yours out? I'm sure there's a better way than a press, sawsall, hammer, and punch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons