Can I Center Console swap from 01" over too 03-06" style . Read why.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im performing a bezel mod for 12.4" Galaxy tablet where my radio and hvac is located.
I've done this flawlessly with my s10 already. But I had too recess the climate panel behind the tablet .
I believe I have seen the center console style in the 03-06 Tahoe Silverado swapped into 99-02. Are the dashes shaped the same particularly where the consoles but up!!
The 03-06 console relocates the main HVAC panel into the console which I need too do and it's already there on these years .
My ideas was to get a console from 03-06 unless any changes were made per thosw years and swap it..
The big Question is will my OEM climate panel plugs in my 2001' reach ! And plug into any 03-06 climate panel ?
If not theres always the option I'm pretty sure I can lower down my factory climate controls from the bezel and bracket/modify/plastic weld it in the location the 03-06 uses .

Ultimately the End result is too get my Climate panel and single din radio down In the console too free up all space on the Bezel face .
The radio is not an issue to wire down there.. but Id like to use specifically the factory
03-06 ' climate control unit in my 2001 Tahoe

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the short answer is no the climate control unit from a 2003-2006 vehicle will not work as the pre 2003 truck ran on an analog electrical system. The 2003 and beyond trucks ran on a digital electrics system so the entire system is different. The 2003+ climate control will not communicate with anything pre-2003.

Last edited:

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im performing a bezel mod for 12.4" Galaxy tablet where my radio and hvac is located.
I've done this flawlessly with my s10 already. But I had too recess the climate panel behind the tablet .
I believe I have seen the center console style in the 03-06 Tahoe Silverado swapped into 99-02. Are the dashes shaped the same particularly where the consoles but up!!
The 03-06 console relocates the main HVAC panel into the console which I need too do and it's already there on these years .
My ideas was to get a console from 03-06 unless any changes were made per thosw years and swap it..
The big Question is will my OEM climate panel plugs in my 2001' reach ! And plug into any 03-06 climate panel ?
If not theres always the option I'm pretty sure I can lower down my factory climate controls from the bezel and bracket/modify/plastic weld it in the location the 03-06 uses .

Ultimately the End result is too get my Climate panel and single din radio down In the console too free up all space on the Bezel face .
The radio is not an issue to wire down there.. but Id like to use specifically the factory
03-06 ' climate control unit in my 2001 Tahoe
The '03-'06 HVAC panel is not in the console, it is in the dash in the same location as the '00-'02. What you are referring to is that some people have relocated the HVAC controls to the console to make more room for a screen. As to whether you can swap in the newer console, anything is possible, but the dash and instrument trim bezel have some differences. It has been done, but does require some modification, and fits best if the lower dash panels on both sides are swapped for newer as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts