Can anyone identify what this fuse is for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked in the owners manual and it doesn’t mention it or reference it, I also looked around the cover. Does anyone know what this 5A fuse under the battery cover is for?

4C55787D-8B1C-4E43-90BF-85956E7BFF09.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked in the owners manual and it doesn’t mention it or reference it, I also looked around the cover. Does anyone know what this 5A fuse under the battery cover is for?

View attachment 266612
looks like it goes to the battery sensor module (regulated voltage control)
also learned something new while searching, the 2021's now have a electronic brake pad wear sensor isn't that nifty :rolleyes:

*also that fuse will be known as fuse 98 which is conveniently left out of the owners manual

5amp.JPG

Last edited:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just when you’ve think you’ve heard it all...you gotta break out the electronic brake pad wear indicator. Haha! What’s next?

OP
OP
Sinewave

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks like it goes to the battery sensor module (regulated voltage control)
also learned something new while searching, the 2021's now have a electronic brake pad wear sensor isn't that nifty :rolleyes:

*also that fuse will be known as fuse 98 which is conveniently left out of the owners manual

View attachment 266625

Intresting. Thanks for the Schematic I was hoping it was feedback voltage for auto stop only and not the whole ECU. Yeah the Info screen on the gauge cluster will give you % of life on brake pads. It’s clever but I have to wonder how accurate it is and what happens years down the road when I swap brake pad with another manufacturer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intresting. Thanks for the Schematic I was hoping it was feedback voltage for auto stop only and not the whole ECU. Yeah the Info screen on the gauge cluster will give you % of life on brake pads. It’s clever but I have to wonder how accurate it is and what happens years down the road when I swap brake pad with another manufacturer.
if you are looking for the autostop schematics all of that stuff can be found in the gm upfitter guide, as I was scrolling thru I saw the autostop diagrams as well, if you are trying to disable it or something just be aware all this new tech has several redundancies built in if you mess with something it will probably throw a code or "service such and such" on the screen, all these things self check themselves it may work for a minute and then it goes thru a check and bam code!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE