Trim Illusion vs vinyl wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking to do some chrome deleting on my 2022 Chevy Tahoe LT. I see the Trim pieces below for the window surrounds as well as the front grill/ back tailgate strip. I am planning on buying the grill but out of stock at the moment, as wrapping that I hear is a pain even for a shop to do. What do you all think is best for the side chrome trim around the windows and the back upper trunk piece around the chevy bowtie logo? Wrap by a pro or to just buy the black illusion moldings? Planning to have some pieces wrapped, so plan was to just wrap it all but someone mentioned online the trim illusion pieces may hold up more long term for the window/back tailgate.

Thanks in advance!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many "chrome-delete" threads here, both in General and Exterior. Some of the threads include every part number you'd need (assuming you've got the same vehicle), people's takes on wrapping vs painting vs part-swapping, etc. Check them out.

OP
OP
E

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Yeah I have ready every one just wanted opinion on the trim illusion product vs wrapping, I did not find that. Thanks

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some things painted and somethings wrapped remarkably after almost 3 years most of it has held up pretty well. I’ve only had to have one piece of wrap section fixed.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@everytrueson Where are you located?

I ask because if you live in an area that gets snow/ice conditions and you have to clean off your vehicle/windows I would take that into consideration with either the vinyl wrap or trim illusion overlay option.

OP
OP
E

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@everytrueson Where are you located?

I ask because if you live in an area that gets snow/ice conditions and you have to clean off your vehicle/windows I would take that into consideration with either the vinyl wrap or trim illusion overlay option.
Missouri, some snow and ice but not much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar