Cam??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im looking for a somewhat reasonably priced cam with all the stuff i need to replace when i swap the cam. im probly not going to do this swap myself because im not that good with taking stuff off the engine.....unless anyone has some insite..

But i want to keep as much low end tq as i can!

Thanks fellas!

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
210/212 or 212/216 something in that range on a 114lsa with low lift.
It will make more TQ and HP than stock. You will need springs, and pushrods. Gaskets, oil pump change would be good too. Retuning of course.

OP
OP
03tahoe2012

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys but im like really new to this stuff.....website links? and i would like EVERYTHING that i could possabliy need.....76k on it right now. just need to get the parts and give it to my homeboy and hes going to do it

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first question would be, what are your mods? That would depend on the cam you should get. Are you considering a aftermarket converter? This also makes a big diffrence. With just 76 k on it I wouldn't be worried about a new oil pump,but everyone has their opinions.

OP
OP
03tahoe2012

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the future i plan on getting a SC, headers and exaust.

but thats way in the future.
all i have right now is a CAI.
an aftermarket TQ converter would be fine. again im more of an electrical guy not internal componets :/

but school me guys! im always ready to learn something new!

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give Comp Cams a call and chat it out with one of them! Take notes and communicate as much as you can. Even if you dont buy all new stuff from them in the long run they can help you gain an understanding and guide you in the right direction.

Sprayed99

Reaction score
I'm in Wylie and have been doing this type of thing for years. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can get together to go over some options to fit in your budget.

I have all the tools to do this and would be very happy to teach you how to do this.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Give Comp Cams a call and chat it out with one of them! Take notes and communicate as much as you can. Even if you dont buy all new stuff from them in the long run they can help you gain an understanding and guide you in the right direction.

Whatever you do don't do this. these guys are paid to be on the phone not engineer parts. If you dont believe me call them every other day and ask the same questions. You will always get a different answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10