CAI help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking I'm going to buy an intake tomorrow to have a project to work on over the weekend I'm and leaning towards the airraid due to the easy installation. Anyone have one and what's your experience? Do you guys suggest any other brand? I've looked into k&n, brute, injen, and volant. Did a quick search on here but cant seem to get the code right after five tries. I figure they can't be much different between brands since they all serve the same functionality. oh, and should I go with a dry or oiled filter? the oil is a little cheaper. thx.

secfogecko

Reaction score
I have an AEM one that is a dry filter. It is awesome. From what I'm hearing on hear from my research before I got one dry filter is the way to go. Plus try should all be fairly easy as far as installation.
18ed441c-27c1-19a5.jpg

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i like Volant. you can even get a air scoop for it

Volant-PowerCore-Air-Intake-Systems.jpg

volant_air_scoop_hero.jpg

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the Volant as well. Check the link below for specifications, but contact me for specifics about your truck to match up if you would like to save with the forum member discount.

Volant Cold Air Intake

K_ddsl

Reaction score
When I asked Justin@BBP about his recommendations on which CAI to install for my truck, he recommended AEM, K&N and AirRaid, in that order.
I went with the AEM as it was on the top of his list.
Couldn't be happier. Just my $.02!

Whatever you get, make sure it is the dry, non-oiled version.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason why Justin didn't suggest volant? Seems like everyone likes them.

K_ddsl

Reaction score
I honestly didn't specifically enquire with Justin about Volant. He recommended and I bought accordingly.

A friend of mine has a Volant on his Denali here and seems quite pleased with it.

Bottom line, as Sumo said, anything is better than the OEM one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts