Cabin air pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold it after a month. Could not deal with the pressure and didn't want to mess with the dealer which surely would have said "could not duplicate". I know it was an issue with the roof in the previous gen, just wanted to let the forum know my experience with my '21. I otherwise loved it, which is why I gave the '22 LT a try.
I know some folks like me have sensitive ears.Would have bothered me too.I just got a 2010 Yukon XL havent driven it much.Hope I dont have that issue.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold it after a month. Could not deal with the pressure and didn't want to mess with the dealer which surely would have said "could not duplicate". I know it was an issue with the roof in the previous gen, just wanted to let the forum know my experience with my '21. I otherwise loved it, which is why I gave the '22 LT a try.
Yeah this forum seems to find 'problems' with just about everything lol.

I have been a tech for 20 years and can't believe some of the things im seeing here. Including circumventing the dealer and trying to 'fix' things themselves on vehicles with full warranty.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a 2015 Denali and it was't just me. It was very bad on the ears to the point the dealer had a tech from Detroit ride in it with two mechanics.
One mechanic actually threw up from the feeling he had almost like being sea sick. They took the whole interior out glued the roof braces changed some microphones but finally gave up and told me to go out on the lot and pick out another one. Got a trade settlement letter from GM and got a brand new Denali that was perfect for 60,000 miles. Those were the days when they had a good amount of inventory. I don't know if they would still do something like this today.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
I had the same issue with a 2015 Denali and it was't just me. It was very bad on the ears to the point the dealer had a tech from Detroit ride in it with two mechanics.
One mechanic actually threw up from the feeling he had almost like being sea sick. They took the whole interior out glued the roof braces changed some microphones but finally gave up and told me to go out on the lot and pick out another one. Got a trade settlement letter from GM and got a brand new Denali that was perfect for 60,000 miles. Those were the days when they had a good amount of inventory. I don't know if they would still do something like this today.

At least one person acknowledges this could be a problem. I can't believe the number of people on here who are belittling me because of a real issue. I was simply sharing my experience in case others have also experienced it.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a 183 page thread on this problem on another GM truck Forum. Search it.

Hiebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same issues, 2022 Denali with sunroof, didn't have an issue until took it in because it was leaking water into the cabin when it would rain, after the third time in I started feeling almost sick when I would drive it, they did drop the headliner, wondering if they screwd up any anc in some way. It's going back in next week for that and shaking while driving.

bradac

Reaction score
I've bene having this same issue in my 2021 suburban, go over the slightest bump and you hear booming though the rear of the cabin, like a pressure issue, its drives me insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505