C4 vs.C5 Corvette - an Objective Comparison & your next TOY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off - I love all Corvettes - and if I had the time/money & space (think Jay Leno) I would have at least one of each generation. That having been said, we all have to be smart consumers to determine what Corvette best suite our wants, needs and checkbook.

It is cold here (MN) and I thought I would satisfy my curiosity as to what the real measurable differences are between the C4 and C5.

I took the time to pull all this data into a video to share with you - in case you are thinking of a new Toy!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally it started in the 76 and up to c4 but i think they are the joke of the corvettes. i wouldn't touch a c4 unless it was 92-96 at minimum and then id still be picky. the c3 atleast had looks to go along with its lack of power. the 83-91 c4 just looks like a camaro that someone tried to make fancy. atleast the last few years that had some power behind them. the c5 had slightly better lines making it stand out as more of a sports car and the overall design and build makes it feel more like a sports car.

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally it started in the 76 and up to c4 but i think they are the joke of the corvettes. i wouldn't touch a c4 unless it was 92-96 at minimum and then id still be picky. the c3 atleast had looks to go along with its lack of power. the 83-91 c4 just looks like a camaro that someone tried to make fancy. atleast the last few years that had some power behind them. the c5 had slightly better lines making it stand out as more of a sports car and the overall design and build makes it feel more like a sports car.

Thanks for taking the time to opine! There must be more than a few that share your opinion as you can pick up the C4 in very good condition for CHEAP. I am thinking of picking one up for a mod project of some sort..... still pondering it!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to opine! There must be more than a few that share your opinion as you can pick up the C4 in very good condition for CHEAP. I am thinking of picking one up for a mod project of some sort..... still pondering it!
ive thought about it myself. i actually like the 3rd gen camaros so the interior isn't a big loss to me. im just not a fan for just how a c4 feels more like an afterthought than what it was intended to be. i actually know where one might still be still fairly cheap and its got a full fresh respray and the interior was completely redone. some cars i feel are more "special" and shouldn't be messed with(rare variants aside). alot of corvettes should be left alone and enjoyed as a cool cruiser or whatever. the c4?? f it turn it into a monster truck if you want. you can make a c4 cool but if i was going to buy one to make it cool id buy a c3. 76-82 can be bought fairly cheap but atleast it has a nice body and the interior is nice. different seats would be a necessity for longer rides but i can see running one of those. its also carbureted so you can go any direction you want with less hassle. 20201010_093237.jpgi mean look at those body lines then go get a towel to finish up. that's a 79 i actually got back on the road for some friends.

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Cool! I want one of each gen. That way I can pick my ride for the day depending on how I am feeling that particular day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz