C2079 ebcm code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My wifes 05 yukon denali xl is getting c0279 code, now I know it has to do with the ebcm but I'm really not familiar with it. I just replaced all the brake lines front to back and everything was good for about 3 weeks then I get this code and all the lights on. The lights come and go random times, anyone have this code or issue?
800 started with the lead free solder early versions of the lead free were garbage:

noted xbox 360 and playstation 3 used it
they had 95-99% failure rate on the 360, the first one that came out... as the BGA solder failed from heat cycles

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pull the abs module out and send it out for repair or cross your fingers and get a working one from the junkyard, it has to be from the exact same truck though you can just put any module in, has to be from a matching vehicle, part number has to be the same on the module also, it's cheaper to just have it repaired, do not drive the vehicle with the module out.
a whole bunch of places advertise on ebay to do the repairs, find one with lots of feedback, not the cheapest clown, plenty of them will do it for $65-80, just ship it to them and they will send it back repaired. If you want to do it yourself you can if you have good soldering skills over time the solder cracks from getting shaken down the road for thousands of miles, it may work when you start the truck but hit a good bump and it looses contact and throws a code, turn off the truck it resets and works until you hit a bump again.

OP
OP
B

Boondockboost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback I'm gunna dig into it and see what my options are! Let me ask you guys this, were leaving for FL in a week or 2 will that affect anything other thank the lights coming on here and there? Its our only option for transportation down there seeing we have 7 people to fit

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback I'm gunna dig into it and see what my options are! Let me ask you guys this, were leaving for FL in a week or 2 will that affect anything other thank the lights coming on here and there? Its our only option for transportation down there seeing we have 7 people to fit
no, brakes will always work just wont have abs function if the abs light is on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts