Buzzing sound ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FUEL PUMP, opening the door wakes up several electronics on the k2xx, the fuel pump pressurizes automatically when you open the door
I really don't think it's the fuel pump. The sound is coming from under the dash. And like the OP said, it's super random, it's not very consistent at all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it's the fuel pump. The sound is coming from under the dash. And like the OP said, it's super random, it's not very consistent at all.
Then I don't know there are lots of things that handshake in the k2xx platform when you open the door and start it

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I don't know there are lots of things that handshake in the k2xx platform when you open the door and start it
Yea its a very obvious out of the norm kinda buzz. And it's so random

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea its a very obvious out of the norm kinda buzz. And it's so random
unlike on the gmt/800/900 where you have to turn the key to at least accessory to get anything to work, the k2xx wakes up all kinds of stuff when you open the door or even unlock it. radio, fuel pump, cluster, blue tooth, wifi, usb and who knows what else
If I am playing music over bluetooth and shut it off and run in the store real quick and come back out sometimes when i open the door the radio will start playing bluetooth music again without the key even going in the ignition.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unlike on the gmt/800/900 where you have to turn the key to at least accessory to get anything to work, the k2xx wakes up all kinds of stuff when you open the door or even unlock it. radio, fuel pump, cluster, blue tooth, wifi, usb and who knows what else
If I am playing music over bluetooth and shut it off and run in the store real quick and come back out sometimes when i open the door the radio will start playing bluetooth music again without the key even going in the ignition.
Yea I've also noticed CarPlay pops up on the screen but won't open. I have to unplug it several times