Buzzing noise when opening doors while vehicle off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, new to here and proud new owner of a 2021 TX edition Tahoe. Let me start by saying I am very impressed by this vehicle and this is my first Chevy. Yes it comes with reliability concerns, a hefty price tag and a few annoying issues (such as the headliner rattle by the sunroof discussed in a thread here), but overall what an impressive machine!

Im am curious though... What is the buzzing/humming noise when I open any door while the vehicle is off? I think it also happens when I close the door after a few minutes. I also then hear a clunking noise in the dash. I'm sure it's all normal, just curious.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I cannot help you with your question, but other folks will chime in with their thoughts.

LRMITCH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new to here and proud new owner of a 2021 TX edition Tahoe. Let me start by saying I am very impressed by this vehicle and this is my first Chevy. Yes it comes with reliability concerns, a hefty price tag and a few annoying issues (such as the headliner rattle by the sunroof discussed in a thread here), but overall what an impressive machine!

Im am curious though... What is the buzzing/humming noise when I open any door while the vehicle is off? I think it also happens when I close the door after a few minutes. I also then hear a clunking noise in the dash. I'm sure it's all normal, just curious.

I just bought a 2021 Tahoe LT Signature Package and it makes the same sounds. I’m curious as well. When I’m in the vehicle while it’s off it makes noises in the dashboard area too.

OP
OP
S

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 Tahoe LT Signature Package and it makes the same sounds. I’m curious as well. When I’m in the vehicle while it’s off it makes noises in the dashboard area too.
Good to know it's not only mine.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That noise is the fuel pump by the fuel tank bumping up the pressure. I think it is overkill and even does it if I approach the vehicle with a key fob. Maybe that is why my fuel pump control module failed at 616 miles. It will be interesting to see if it pre charges up as much as it did with the original part. Been waiting for that part since the 12th :(

OP
OP
S

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the fuel pump noise. Any idea whats thumping around in the dashboard?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only thing that moves in the dash is the hvac blend doors/actuators, try turning the heater/ac off and see if it still does it