Buying a used 2019 Denali with lifter repair - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Buckfutter

Reaction score
Here’s the carfax :

Attachments

• 2019 GMC YUKON_DENALI.pdf
    223.7 KB · Views: 8

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7000 mile oil changes probably why the lifters failed. What's with the gap from 35k miles to 52k miles? Has the transmission fluid and transfer case fluid ever been replaced? What about the brake fluid? Questions to ask.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AFM is very finicky about oil. I have a 2 Tahoes, a 2017 (95k) and a 2007 (310k) Tahoe, of course both have AFM. I have them both turned off. However, I still never let the oil go over 3,500. There is a wide preference on filters, but I use the gold AC Delco. They seem to pressurize better than most.

Seed for thought.

mrathell

Reaction score
Hey, I’m looking at buying a 2019 Denali with about 53k on the clock. The original owner said he had a lifter go out and got it repaired under warranty - I asked him for the paperwork and I’ll share that here when I get it - but has anyone experienced this ?
Hey you said it has 53K on the clock but the dealer paperwork from last year shows shows 57K.

OP
OP
B

Buckfutter

Reaction score
0CA72B83-0047-4799-A7C5-A87A0FCA4476.jpeg
Here is the hours for the car. I just got off the phone with him. I’m going to at least look at it with cash in hand and if it doesn’t work then so be it.

He’s selling it because his wife wanted a BMW (this is her car). Only one bank of lifters was replaced . The service gap was because his wife took it to Jiffy Lube (double I used to work at jiffy lube hopefully they’ve gotten better). I feel pretty good about it.

OP
OP
B

Buckfutter

Reaction score
Update : engine hours and idle hours seem on par for a vehicle with almost 60k…. Checking it out on Friday. We agreed on $42,000 cash. Which looking around seems like a pretty fair deal - after all private party is a big advantage for taxes and all that other crap.

Any opinions are welcome - obviously I’m not going to get a feel for the car until I’m there in person.

OP
OP
B

Buckfutter

Reaction score
Another update!!!! Just spoke with the service advisor at the GMC dealer who dealt with the customer in buying it from. He said all lifters were replaced along with the cam shaft. And has a 2 year/unlimited mile warranty for the work he did.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update!!!! Just spoke with the service advisor at the GMC dealer who dealt with the customer in buying it from. He said all lifters were replaced along with the cam shaft. And has a 2 year/unlimited mile warranty for the work he did.
Put the work orders in safe place in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879