Buyers be Aware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharper4

Reaction score
I was told I could bring mine in as early and often as I wanted. ...although, I think they were just saying whatever needed to be said to help secure the deal. I can't help but wonder how low the % needs to be for them to really care but I don't plan to go in unnecessarily. I would hope they would honor if I were in the OPs situation though.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all scheduled maintenance plans have the same restrictions. The dealership takes their chances if they decide to do maintenance early.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Along the same lines - how many of you think the dealer is actually using A.) The correct viscosity oil and B.)Synthetic Dexos oil?? lol. Highly doubtful. Probably 8.5 quarts of the cheapest thing they can get their hands on and then billing GM for Mobil 1 Synthetic.

I'd give them some credit. They'll use whats supposed to be used, or else it will fall back on them when your motor fails. Now - the mom & pop shops and instant oil change places are the ones I would worry about more.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your side of the story and the dealer should have changed the oil for you if you are not one of those guys always looking for free shit in the service center, otherwise I understand the dealers position. I would have quickly and quietly escalated the situation to the salesman who sold me the car and/or the shop manager. I little suger with the right person goes a long way

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer is not obligated to change oil until U are below recommended level. That being said my Chevy dealer changed my new Impala at 45%. On my new SLT (purchased in early July) and new Stingray (purchased in late Feb) I changed it myself at 1500 miles (I'm currently at 2600 and 3300 respectively), both with Mobil One Synthetic (DEXOS) 0/20 and 5/30 weight. I changed them both due to break-in,