Buy it, and they will come....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to get em out of my truck tonight, but here's a preview of what's to come very very soon to a thread near you. I love surprises...

B O S S

Attachments

• IMG00158.jpg
    IMG00158.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 139

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn! Look at you. You aren't ******* around huh? Looks like I'ma gonna have to go...

Last edited:

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to ask a stupid question here but, what am I looking at?

Are you serious? Looks like BOSS picked up an engine hoist and an air compressor. He's planning/working on a 6.0 swap here shortly. He's been keeping us in the loop..

Man! I love tools!! I got goosebumps when I saw the pic..

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should fly out and we'll have an engine swap party and then hit the track.

I was exchanging mail with Bobby over this. I'm interested in possibly making it. When are you guys planning on doing this? I would need a week or two in advance notice. I have so much shit on my plate at work right now, working saturdays and sometimes late..

I am curious to see your truck in action. I know I can't compete with that 6.0 but I'd hold the camera while you ran the track if I could make this happen..

Besides, I have the 6.0 that came off the truck I got my HD hood from and could use the know how to freshen it up for when I'm ready to either use it on the Hoe or elsewhere. I has 56k on it so it's worth the work..

Last edited:
OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chistoso said:
Besides, I have the 6.0 that came off the truck I got my HD hood from and could use the know how to freshen it up for when I'm ready to either use it on the Hoe or elsewhere. I has 56k on it so it's worth the work..

Do it!

When are you guys planning on doing this? I would need a week or two in advance notice. I have so much shit on my plate at work right now, working saturdays and sometimes late..

Hell yes! ....I don't really have a weekend in mind yet, do you guys? I'm stooked man, I hope we can make that shit happen. I stopped by Home Depot and picked up some of the materials I'm using to insulate my garage for the A/C conversion. I'm tired of that damn heat...

Since you let the cat outta the bag Chist, I bought a 2-Ton Torin foldable engine hoist, a 05 LQ9 6.0 with 50k miles, long tubes and got my hands on a giant compressor and picked up some air tools. The compressor is going to be perfect to spray when I spray my plastic for my interior mod. I just couldn't help myself with the LQ9 after trying to help Jeff hunt one down.

I can't lie, I am very much the amateur when it comes to this engine build stuff - but I damn sure will learn! I'm putting my gloves on and jumping straight in :boxing:

I'm about 90% on the cam, gunna try my best to stay away from a big cam :emotions33: because I'm going to blow this 6.0.

So first things last:
-trying to scope out L92 heads but I'm not sure which one to pick up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350233247777&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280390319478&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

BOSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts