Built and ordered a 2023 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loveav8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a 2023 Yukon SLT, Luxury package, with 22" rims on April 15. The ordered was accepted within a few days. Just got an email from the dealership saying it's been built and it's awaiting shipment/delivery. The only bad thing is that they got the wrongs wheels. It was built with 20". How much of a hassle is it to sell OEM wheels on eBay and upgrading with either after market or OEM wheels directly from GMC? I am excited to finally have it built, but also kinda bummed with the wheels.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, those wheels will sell no problem. shipping a hassle IMHO

However. the ride is better on the 20”
A positive to me.

I see 22’s listed for sale every so now and then. no issue if you really want them. also the 22” the 1500 Sierra’s ect have will fit. more choice

Last edited:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would avoid 22" wheels. They ride worse, are more susceptible to damage, and cost more to fix and replace. Also, there's far more and cheaper tire options for 20" wheels.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@loveav8 How much were the 22” wheels you had added on the build? If it’s the $3000+ ones u can have your salesman order them through parts on Chevy.com, their 20% off right now and then have them put tires on and sell your 20” wheels.

Captain A-A-Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a 2023 Yukon SLT, Luxury package, with 22" rims on April 15. The ordered was accepted within a few days. Just got an email from the dealership saying it's been built and it's awaiting shipment/delivery. The only bad thing is that they got the wrongs wheels. It was built with 20". How much of a hassle is it to sell OEM wheels on eBay and upgrading with either after market or OEM wheels directly from GMC? I am excited to finally have it built, but also kinda bummed with the wheels.
We went with the 20” wheels because 22’s ride rough. We also got the other 20” polished wheels. The look pretty good.

Attachments

• F3C67DB4-D1C9-4806-9B3A-01C03B330D82.jpeg
    F3C67DB4-D1C9-4806-9B3A-01C03B330D82.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 13

customorder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer pre-order process is literally a joke. I ordered a Yukon at4 4 months ago.... they called telling me to remove max trailering or else it would never get made.... I said ok... then it showed up and they tried to charge me 10k over msrp.... worst part is that was missing air suspension and more.... im convinced nothing is actually custom ordered. they just match you with something being built already. shade factor is strong at GMC. sorry but the whole pre order process just sucks.

Beechnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed. My first order was accepted and then dealer "lost it" and it never arrived. Sevind order was accepted however dealer forgot to order the captain seats in the second row I ordered. So it was built incorrectly. Now I have to reject it and either wait for a third build or go through the hassle of a deposit refund and go someplace else.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My first order was accepted and then dealer "lost it" and it never arrived. Sevind order was accepted however dealer forgot to order the captain seats in the second row I ordered. So it was built incorrectly. Now I have to reject it and either wait for a third build or go through the hassle of a deposit refund and go someplace else.
Strange your dealer forgot the captains chairs. When i ordered my tahoe, i sat with the salesperson as he filled out the order sheet, and before he submitted it, he printed out the sheet and had us double check it to make sure it was done right. There was only 1 thing he missed but we caught it and had it fixed and then submitted it. No issues. Sounds like your working with an incompetent sales person or one who is lazy and doesnt take pride in their work. Find a different dealer and tell the dealership management why your taking your business elsewhere and that you will recommend all folks go elsewhere for vehicle purchases and to avoid their dealership at all costs.

OP
OP
loveav8

loveav8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@loveav8 How much were the 22” wheels you had added on the build? If it’s the $3000+ ones u can have your salesman order them through parts on Chevy.com, their 20% off right now and then have them put tires on and sell your 20” wheels.
I ordered the cheaper ones for ~$1,600.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel