Bug Deflector / WeatherTech Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you with certainty that it is the GM Accessories mat at fault here. Lined the edges of the carpeting with paper towel. Blasted the firewall area with my power washer thoroughly. Blasted under the truck thoroughly. Took it through a car wash. Pulled off the A pillar trim. Not a drop of water is coming in.
My final conclusion: DO NOT buy the GM liners if you are planning on driving the in a rainy or snowy area. I’m calling GM Accessories tomorrow and will get my money back to buy the superior WeatherTechs. Have them in my vette and camaro. Never an issue.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Didn't know whether to put this in exterior or interior since its both. Whats the collective opinion on the stock Chevy deflector and mats versus the aftermarket. Was thinking of getting WeatherTech mats but saw Chevy had their own. Same question on the bug deflector. Thanks.

You could also look at Husky weatherbeaters. They are popular around here as well.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased Weathertech mats and a cargo liner the week after I brought my truck home. They have been in ever since and fit like nothing I've ever seen. They're rolled for shipping (at least the cargo mat was) and I put it out onto the driveway (facedown) for a few hours on a warm summer afternoon and they "relaxed" into their perfect molded forms. They've been in the truck since then (August, 2015) and I'll vacuum them, or wipe them out and I went a step further and put the "GMC Rubber Floor mats" over them as well. I don't like the "slick" feeling and the rubber mats covered the plastic weather techs just fine and add a small level of detail. As for the cargo mat in the back, I bought the larger one for my Yukon as I keep my 3rd row folded down most of the time and carry wet, nasty scuba gear around all the time and the mat's rolled edges keep everything off the carpets. It's also flexible enough to allow access to the under floor storage areas, and it's "flexes" allowing me to pull up the third row without having to remove the mat, it just flexes and sticks up a bit behind the seat. They're expensive, but I'd recommend them to protect your investment and allow for cleaning.
These photos were taken just as I put them in for the first time, the cover everything quite well, but there is no longer a gap where they lay up against the kick panels.

Yukonmat2.jpg Yukonmat1.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Weathertech mats in my front. They fit pretty good. No interference with my peddle. The only issue is the mats do move a little bit. ... even with the 'snap-on' carpet "grabbers" underneath.... they don't grab.
But the mats do the job. ( 2005 Yukon XL )

As for a bug deflector,.... if they are flush on the hood, they are OK, but if they are NOT flush on the hood, I found them to create wind buffeting at the driver's window. ( Not flush, they screw up aerodynamics )

I have the large cargo mat. They move side-to-side. I don't want to cut the access holes for the tie-downs - to secure the mat better..... I want the liquid protection.

MajorFatal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as cargo mats I'd go w the GMC product. We first tried Weathertech but the fit/flimsiness dn work so we swapped in the black GMC mat and it was way better.
YMMV.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back to the dealership I purchased them from last November. They reached out to GM. In short, Accessories told us both to go pound sand. Dealer felt terrible, and for a small restocking fee, they bought the mats back from me and chucked them in the trash as they were used.

I ordered the weathertechs in cocoa. They’ll be in tomorrow.

Hrocks

Reaction score
Didn't know whether to put this in exterior or interior since its both. Whats the collective opinion on the stock Chevy deflector and mats versus the aftermarket. Was thinking of getting WeatherTech mats but saw Chevy had their own. Same question on the bug deflector. Thanks.

I have used nothing but Weathertech laser cut mats in all of my vehicles for the last 15 years or so. Still have a set that I used in an '07 Escalade that I put in my '10 Tahoe that my son drives to school.

I also took out two sets of brand new Lexus "all weather" mats in our GX460's and replaced them with Weathertech. There are some cheaper wannabes that kind of look like them, but IMO, they have no rival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks