Bug Deflector / WeatherTech Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Didn't know whether to put this in exterior or interior since its both. Whats the collective opinion on the stock Chevy deflector and mats versus the aftermarket. Was thinking of getting WeatherTech mats but saw Chevy had their own. Same question on the bug deflector. Thanks.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy’s great, except they don’t want to get sued, so the cutout under the accelerator is idiotically large. I remedied that with self adhesive plastic.
Otherwise, they’ve been in all winter, salt, mud, water, they work great, good quality material.

As for the bug guard, I took it off, wife hated the look of it.

38951A70-DFDB-49E4-820F-ADEFBE24005C.jpeg 32354986-0F60-4522-90D0-D70D277EF28F.jpeg

Daddio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Charlie, I've had Weather Tech front mats installed for 2 years. They seemed a little flimsy when I first got them, but they've held up very well. They fit almost perfectly! So much so that I use my wash brush, with the water turned down to a trickle, to wash out mud, grit and salt while they're still in the truck ... over the sill and out!!
I thought an older thread had mentioned a similar, less expensive mat, but I can't find it or recall the manufacturers name.
I'm sure Chev is getting their mats provided by one of these guys.

Daddio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just saw Georges post. My WeatherTech mat has the protection under the accelerator pedal and up the side. No problem with accelerator interference, but I understand GM's concern. However, around the accelerator is one of the major problem areas for salt stains and build-up, so I would want it.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Charlie, I've had Weather Tech front mats installed for 2 years. They seemed a little flimsy when I first got them, but they've held up very well. They fit almost perfectly! So much so that I use my wash brush, with the water turned down to a trickle, to wash out mud, grit and salt while they're still in the truck ... over the sill and out!!
I thought an older thread had mentioned a similar, less expensive mat, but I can't find it or recall the manufacturers name.
I'm sure Chev is getting their mats provided by one of these guys.

Thanks for the review. Between kids and the occasional visit to a construction site, I want something easy to keep clean.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Chevy’s great, except they don’t want to get sued, so the cutout under the accelerator is idiotically large. I remedied that with self adhesive plastic.
Otherwise, they’ve been in all winter, salt, mud, water, they work great, good quality material.

As for the bug guard, I took it off, wife hated the look of it.

View attachment 220402 View attachment 220403
Didn't notice the cutout. I'll take a look at them.

Yeah, a friend of mine told me to get a bug deflector for my 2009. I never did and it got plenty of scars on the front of the hood so I thought about getting one on my new (to me) Tahoe.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
I just saw Georges post. My WeatherTech mat has the protection under the accelerator pedal and up the side. No problem with accelerator interference, but I understand GM's concern. However, around the accelerator is one of the major problem areas for salt stains and build-up, so I would want it.
Was thinking the same thing.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!
I would NOT buy the GM liners. Went out to vacuum and clean the interior. As careful as I was, seems to me that water flowed off my shoes, between the mat and the self adhesive plastic I put down and made a nice puddle under the mat. Ridiculous, I should have known better. In and effort not to get sued by morons, they created a useless product

C28756E7-3040-481E-A128-C7FC9CA91A5B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC